Traxxas Batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out4lox

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Anybody know of any source selling lipos with Traxxas connectors — besides Traxxas? I don’t really want to spend another $40 plus for another 1400 mah 3s battery — and would prefer not to solder ….

Thanks!

Anybody know of any source selling lipos with Traxxas connectors — besides Traxxas? I don’t really want to spend another $40 plus for another 1400 mah 3s battery — and would prefer not to solder ….

Thanks!
I dont know of any off the top of my head but you could buy batteries with a different connector and then just buy a traxxas to (insert connector name here) adapter.

Thanks as always Graywolf. That’s what I’ve done from time to time, Deans to Traxxas …. (Dean’s was popular way back when I was actively buying batteries, over a decade ago, it seems not so much anymore.)

I’ll probably just break out the soldering gun, do my best, problem is I have clumsy, crooked fingers, lol. I’ll manage though. I really would have thought someone would sell them besides Traxxas. But maybe not.

SMC sells their batteries with Traxxas connectors. Alot of Amazon batteries do too. I usually run Traxxas plugs in my batteries and to use them in my cars I use xt90s to trx or xt60s to trx adapters. I believe CHNL sells theirs with trx plugs too.
I run hoovo batts with trx plugs and 1 Amazon one I think its called youme power with a trx plug. I had them for almost a year and they are good for what they are.

Thanks as always Graywolf. That’s what I’ve done from time to time, Deans to Traxxas …. (Dean’s was popular way back when I was actively buying batteries, over a decade ago, it seems not so much anymore.)

I’ll probably just break out the soldering gun, do my best, problem is I have clumsy, crooked fingers, lol. I’ll manage though. I really would have thought someone would sell them besides Traxxas. But maybe not.
Deans are still my go to for most things but genuine Deans not the cheap knock offs. The clones gave the real Deans connectors a bad name. Then again I'm old school soooo 🤣

The Venom Drive LiPos are terrible lipos especially considering how much they cost.

The Venom Drive LiPos are terrible lipos especially considering how much they cost.
If you have several trucks with different connectors and you don’t like to solder, they’re great. If you’re into racing and you use bullet plugs, than these aren’t for you.

If you have several trucks with different connectors and you don’t like to solder, they’re great. If you’re into racing and you use bullet plugs, than these aren’t for you.
You can buy adapters for any batteries so why use expensive batteries with terrible performance?