Totally Impressed with Traxxas!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalib

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK, I was running my sons rustler vxl today and getting a little to cute by the canal behind my house. So I'm showing off doing high speed runs and stopping just short of the canal. On the last run I got too close to the canal and the thing took a nose dive right into the canal. So I'm thinking the thing is ruined I was just going to leave it there. I decided to try to fish it out and rebuild, the thing was submerged for about TEN minutes. When I got the thing out EVERYTHING was still working!!! Servo, Motor, Speed control, Receiver all good!!! My lipo survived too. Really Really Impressed!:D:D:D

Yup, I down talk my MERV VXL all the time, but it have run at least 10 packs while in water that was easily touching the motor, an I've haven't had an issue. So I'm on the band wagon for them being nicely water resistant.

As long as you don't play Capt. Nemo with the newer Traxxas stuff (i.e. running it completely submerged), you shouldn't have any problems.

Yeah man, I couldn't believe it.

---------- Post added at 7:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:44 PM ----------

That's the thing Hamz, this was a pretty new rustler vxl. I brought for him about three months ago and I know they are supposed to be "water proof" but they shouldn't be submerged. This thing was underwater for over ten minutes, and survived! So maybe I was lucky, but I'm really impressed.

These guys are also testing out just how water resistant traxxas trucks are:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander 0 1, that video was SICK!!!!!! WOW! can't say that I would have the guts to try that but that was awesome. Do you know if they were using special tires, or was that just standard stuff?

From what I seen they look to be stock or really aggressive MT tires in the case of th e-revo. I couldn't tell if they were using paddles.

This guy looks like he's got paddles:

Last edited by a moderator:
SICK STUFF!!! I had no idea this was possible. Absolutely C-O-O-L!

I think the lids are trapping air allowing flotation, at the track we call em parachutes

They might have something inside the body to help it float because I know first hand that a Slash DOES NOT float!

Back