Tom's SC10 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here it is... that time again!! Build Thread!!

I had an oportunity to start the SC10 kit this afternoon. I only had a couple of hours but I was able to put a dent in it. I was able to get the front clip built and most of the rear end. I didn't build the trans yet becasue I have ordered the gear diff option so I will get the trans built and installed then. Other than building the shocks, and glueing the tires, I am pretty much at a stopping point until the gear diff arrives. Here is a few pictures of the progress.

100_3751.jpg

100_3754.jpg

100_3753.jpg

100_3752.jpg

100_3756.jpg

100_3755.jpg

That power supply look familiar.

Looking good on the build.

You keep a clean work space during a build. My tools are all nice and line up when I start as well. Unlike you, they don't stay that way. Once I start they manage to get lost in the piles of parts and packaging. Sometimes they end up in the trash. LOL

You look to be one organized fellow Tom.:) Lookin' good!

Thanks my friend. I definitely try to be organized. There are too many small screws and parts to loose! LOL I wasn't always as organized. I am fortunate to have a space in the basement to spread everything out. Best of all I can walk away and leave everthing right where it is and am able to come back to it. I used to work on the coffee table or the dining room table and I had to pick everything up and then lay it back out everytime I wanted to work. That certainly made things more difficult.

That power supply look familiar.

Looking good on the build.

You keep a clean work space during a build. My tools are all nice and line up when I start as well. Unlike you, they don't stay that way. Once I start they manage to get lost in the piles of parts and packaging. Sometimes they end up in the trash. LOL

Great power supply too!

I have learned over the years that is the only way to keep a work space. I have lost too many screws! I have also had tools end up in the trash! LOL

Now that I use the Cow RC jumbo mat, loosing screws, nuts, washers and clips are no longer an issue. Gotta love that magnetic surface!

very nice build.
what motor are you going to drop in that?

I think he said he was putting a 8.5 Havock in it....bit looking good Tom!

Nice lookin so far, I'm still yet to buy my first r/c kit to build :(

Yeah, haven't you heard the saying, "When all else fails, read the directions." I actually enjoy kits. Looks like you're enjoying the project.

very nice build.
what motor are you going to drop in that?

I am going to put the Novak Havok speedo with the Ballistic 8.5 motor

Nice lookin so far, I'm still yet to buy my first r/c kit to build :(

It takes a bit longer to hit the track when you are building a kit, but I enjoy it. Especially during the winter. I find it helps you get to know the truck more intimately.

Can't wait to see it go with that 8.5

It might me to much motor for that truck.... but it is all I have to put in it right now. I can always just pick up a 10.5 Ballistic if all else fails.

Wow, that's a big dent in a project for a couple hours. And I agree, very organized for sure. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Its been a breeze up to know. The two wheel drive kits go together so much faster it seems. I know my 1/8th scale builds have taken much much longer to get to this point. I should have the truck together hopefully sometime next weekend. We will see how much time I will have between now and then.

What's that book with pictures for? :shrug:

:hehe: Looking good :thumbup:

You know... I almost don't need it. So far it is identical to the T4 build.... but it is always nice to have a point of reference.

Yeah, haven't you heard the saying, "When all else fails, read the directions." I actually enjoy kits. Looks like you're enjoying the project.

I love kits as well. You really get to know that truck this way. If you have the time, I think it is the only way to go.

Now that I use the Cow RC jumbo mat, loosing screws, nuts, washers and clips are no longer an issue. Gotta love that magnetic surface!

I ought to take a look at that mat.... right now I am just using an old table cloth! LOL!

Well I got the shocks almost all the way built. I still need to fill them and put the spring cups on, but that is no big deal. I split one of the shock eyelets while threading the shock body on... Associated started to give me a hard time about replacing it because I did not have my invoice handy but said they would replace it. I just have to wait for it to come from California via snail mail. I am also having a bit of a time getting the rubber rings to stay in the shock adjustment ring too. I did recieve my gear diff in the mail today though, so I can proceed with the trans build!!!

100_3759.jpg

100_3758.jpg

Got a few hours this afternoon to sit back down and work on the SC10. I pretty much have the truck finished now. I still have to install the motor, which is still soldered into the slash. I still have to put the speedo, and reciever in as well. Then all of the fine tuning (check camber, caster and servo adjustments). I have trimmed the body out, but I am seriously considering asking NCNitro if he could put a killer scheme on it! Here is a few pictures of my progress.

100_3764.jpg

100_3765.jpg

100_3766.jpg

100_3767.jpg

100_3768.jpg

100_3771.jpg

100_3773.jpg

100_3776.jpg

100_3775.jpg

100_3774.jpg

100_3777.jpg

100_3778.jpg

100_3779.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' good! Now paint that baby!

Yes... paint is the next to come. I am not sure what to do yet.... I am sure it will be Earnhardt related though! LOL

You gonna paint that thing or just let it sit there??? :stick:

*edt*

Jr.'s not gonna win the 500 so stop waiting for inspiration. Ha!

Paint it with Chevy Eliminator paint scheme, Tom.

You gonna paint that thing or just let it sit there??? :stick:

*edt*

Jr.'s not gonna win the 500 so stop waiting for inspiration. Ha!

It's kind of funny that you mention that.... I was actually going to paint it with Earnhardt's Green Amp colors but I am having trouble finding decals for it. I have no artistic ability so making my own is out of the question! LOL

I guess I just havent come up with anything yet.... it is still to cold to paint outside and I have no where to paint inside since I am still an old school rattle can painter.

I actually thought Jr might pull it off on Sunday... then when that left rear went down... it was over.

Paint it with Chevy Eliminator paint scheme, Tom.

That would be sweet!

Back