SK Modified Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are two tire types foam yellow, purple and blue stripe. And rubber tire.
The blue and the yellow are for different types of cars all together and each tire type comes in multiple compounds of hardness. The affect on handling is dramatic.
Beside the color stripe. The hardness is a sticker inside the rim. The reason for the stripe is to eliminate fake tires.

Rubber tires are another class also. Now being F1 and Rubber tire truck.

IMG_4274.gif

IMG_4272.jpeg

IMG_4273.png

There are two tire types foam yellow, purple and blue stripe. And rubber tire.
The blue and the yellow are for different types of cars all together and each tire type comes in multiple compounds of hardness. The affect on handling is dramatic.
Beside the color stripe. The hardness is a sticker inside the rim. The reason for the stripe is to eliminate fake tires.

Rubber tires are another class also. Now being F1 and Rubber tire truck.

View attachment 174731

View attachment 174732

View attachment 174733

Thanks, I thought I was forgetting something but wasn't sure.

Then there is the whole black art of cutting the tires down. Narrowing the tires and all the traction compounds. Ugg….tires.

Then there is the whole black art of cutting the tires down. Narrowing the tires and all the traction compounds. Ugg….tires.
I can see its treading on you and your getting tire-d. Better turn on the radial and take a load off. 🤣

@Serea71 your carbon fiber rocket is coming along nicely.

Looks like some fast racing,.according to the video. I don't know hoe they keep control at that speed.

I raced my SK sportsman class car this weekend. We use a 25.5 motor and I can get a 3.9second lap. But it was mostly 4.1 second laps. The light cars are 17.5 and there pro cars use a 13.5 I think.

I did not do well this weekend. Just did not put in the work last week and it showed. You really need to tune and practice if you want good results. The harder you work the better your luck.

This is a video of the pro race. 13.5 pan cars going 2.9-3-1 seconds on a track I have never gone better the 3.6
And most racers hit 4.0+/-.

Purchased the battery and transponder today, and installed the gearing. I need to get a whole bunch of pinions but atleast I got something. Once the battery gets here I can program everything and get all the settings where I want them, fix the toe alignment, and then its finally time for decals.

EDIT: oops, I forgot that I took the photo before I set my mesh. Dont worry, I know how to do it. I just sandwiched 1 sticky note (NOT the sticky side) between the gears and tightened the motor.

IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3485.jpg
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Getting ready to run my SK again on Sunday.
I have a good set of tires made up. Hoping for a safe run .

The transponder is in, aligned the front end, set all the electronics up including trims, EPA, etc, and made sure everything's running. All that's left is to attach the spoiler and make the body and everything all pretty with decals. Not gonna lie doing the decals will prob take an entire weekend since some will be made with my cricut machine.

IMG_3502.jpg

Did a lot today, made my decals, and fabricated / test fit the rear spoiler. The green stuff is just protective film, i'll take it off while I apply decals to the body with will probably take all weekend.

IMG_3507.jpg
IMG_3508.jpg
IMG_3509.jpg

The moment we've all been waiting for, the build is complete! I'm extremely proud of this build. I'll have the car setup at the track when i'm done admiring over it lol. This was a very challenging build, but that's part of why I'm so proud of it. Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_3526.jpg
IMG_3514.jpg
IMG_3515.jpg
IMG_3521.jpg
IMG_3522.jpg

Thanks for the love guys I appreciate it! I added one more thing. I wrapped the rear bumper and the little "ears" on the sides to include some realtree camo. Not only to I think it looks better but it should also add some more strength especially to those "ears".

IMG_3529.jpg
IMG_3530.jpg

I am still having some trouble getting my SK up to speed. It will go about 3 1/10 th’s slower than the rest and I am struggling. Last time out I was going well and creamed the wall breaking everything on the right front.

Friday night I was going pretty well and actually staying with the front when I got hit and spun out in turn three. Instantly I got hit head on really hard and a fraction of a second later another car hit the rear wheel breaking my T plate and ending my night.
Got a new T plate and it will be good to go for the next race.

IMG_4812.jpeg

OOOOPS! I forgot some things. Today I bought some front end shims that I forgot to adjust the front ride height. I also pulled the trigger on a Hudy Set Up Station designed for pan cars. It should make setting up the car much easier than going around the car with a ruler. I also did get a set of pinions (48T - 69T) to adjust rollout.
I'm also contemplating on getting a 88T Spur gear, but I feel like an 84T should be okay. I can't justify spending 10 bucks for the part and shipping for just one spur gear. I also decided to add some some camo on the rear quarter panels behind the rear fenders but I won't lie I'm kind of burnt out and want to take a break for a bit.

IMG_3551.jpg
Untitled.png

That shim kit might seem expensive but it is a bargain. The giant corncob of gears is an investment.

Back