Tmrx4 defender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks @Greywolf74 I've been working on it. I think it's about where the wife is happy with it. I'm slowly working on my sport just can't seem to get it where I want it mainly since I'm not really sure what I want from it. I put a surpass hobby 10 turn crawler system in it but now the transmission needs a different gear set put an aluminum drive shift on the rear and it has alloy axles and portal covers in the front. It also has rc4wd king dual rate shocks. Started messing with it and put jconcepts monster truck tires and wheels on it lol. Looks like an old monster truck from the 80s now
View attachment 129505
I really like the MT tires on it.

Worked on the sport today and did some scavenging of parts to get my clodbuster up and going again. I only need a reciever steering servo and a lower link....... just putting this out there if you do a vertical axle mount servo on a clodbuster the front lower link of a trx4 is exactly the length you need lol 🤣
View attachment 129915
I'm liking the retro colors!

So close! looks totally different set up this way. :thumbs-up:
I agree I like the look of it with the clodbuster body. I'll have to order new wheels and tires for the sport as the ones I originally had on it got used on the smt10 for a mud truck. A little trimming of the Fenders and I think it will be perfect. I'll have to order another clodbuster body or even the high lift f350 body not sure which yet but I'll keep you posted
All I can say is, come onnnn payday..
That's the way it always is for me lol waiting on payday lol

My wife got me a trx4 defender for christmas. I've been a really good boy and only played with it once since I'm not supposed to have it yet. My issue is that with the 324 mm wheelbase there seems to be little to no bodies available as I dont want to destroy the defender as it looks really nice. I have an erevo 2.0 body that lines up in the wheel wells. But I'm really looking for the best overall upgrades and dependability peices. It will be used mostly in a trail setting as there doesn't seem to be many good crawling spots but having the locking diffs and two speed were what sold me on the defender along with the wheel wells in the body not the chassis. Any help would be great thanks. I've never had a crawler so this is all new to me
You know you can get the wheelbase kit. For the trx-4 and make it 312mm form the 324mm stock to fit more body options. That's is what I will be doing. So I can play around with the different wheelbase and different bodies for it. Here you go bud

"Chassis conversion kit, TRX-4® (long to short wheelbase) (includes rear upper & lower suspension links, front & rear inner fenders, short female half shaft, battery tray, 3x8mm FCS (4)) | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/8058
I am too. I think I'll be happier in the long run with a different body shell. I do have my mojave ii up on ebay if you guys want to check it out
I've been looking for bodies like you said NOT to many at the stock 324mm. But found out that the TRX-4 has that conversion kit that will allow you to fit the TRX sport body on it and a whole lot more.

You know you can get the wheelbase kit. For the trx-4 and make it 312mm form the 324mm stock to fit more body options. That's is what I will be doing. So I can play around with the different wheelbase and different bodies for it. Here you go bud

"Chassis conversion kit, TRX-4® (long to short wheelbase) (includes rear upper & lower suspension links, front & rear inner fenders, short female half shaft, battery tray, 3x8mm FCS (4)) | Traxxas" https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts/8058

I've been looking for bodies like you said NOT to many at the stock 324mm. But found out that the TRX-4 has that conversion kit that will allow you to fit the TRX sport body on it and a whole lot more.
My wife claimed the defender after I put a raptor hard body on it lol. I have a sport as well and ill be putting my clodbuster body on it and getting an older bronco hard body on my clod to build a replica of the no problem monster truck from the 80s and early 90s

Finally sprayed the bed satin black. Been on the to do list since I painted the body
20210723_213744.jpg

Finally sprayed the bed satin black. Been on the to do list since I painted the body View attachment 130062
That looks good, but I think spray bed liner would have been awesome. I used that stuff on the underside of a couple of my basher bodies, for reinforcement purposes.

That looks good, but I think spray bed liner would have been awesome. I used that stuff on the underside of a couple of my basher bodies, for reinforcement purposes.
Thats a awesome idea never thought of the rhino spray. Got to get some of that thanks good idea

Thats a awesome idea never thought of the rhino spray. Got to get some of that thanks good idea
A couple of things to be aware of: 1) as far as I know, there's no way to remove this, once it's on. 2) some have reported cracks when used for bashing purposes, so I believe the product brand might make a difference. I've had no issues on my racing bodies. I forgot what brand, but I got it from Walmart. I can't foresee an issue when used on a crawler body.

A couple of things to be aware of: 1) as far as I know, there's no way to remove this, once it's on. 2) some have reported cracks when used for bashing purposes, so I believe the product brand might make a difference. I've had no issues on my racing bodies. I forgot what brand, but I got it from Walmart. I can't foresee an issue when used on a crawler body.
Oh it's definitely permanent. I've used some pray on my 1.1 green monster bed and rails. Could probably even use that flex seal stuff. It's almost like rubber when dried. But never thought to use either on a RC body. Sh*t might even have to do a entire body inside and out. Alot of 1.1 off road trucks spray the whole truck to prevent scratches on the bodies. Good idea man👍👍

Oh it's definitely permanent. I've used some pray on my 1.1 green monster bed and rails. Could probably even use that flex seal stuff. It's almost like rubber when dried. But never thought to use either on a RC body. Sh*t might even have to do a entire body inside and out. Alot of 1.1 off road trucks spray the whole truck to prevent scratches on the bodies. Good idea man👍👍
I saw a YT video where a guy did the paint the entire outside of the body.

Sold the mojave body and decided to keep the chassis and do a complete rebuild from the chassis up. I bought a two speed gear set a little while back when I grenaded the portal gear and pulled the transmission apart last night and looked at it. I'll be putting the gears in it when I have a little time. I just ordered new frame rails. I'm looking to get the floor pan set off ebay that has all the plastic pieces with it including new body mounts and reciecer box. Not a bad deal I think. I'm also looking into the jconcepts 93 f250 trail and scale body to replicate my 1:1 92 f150. Should be a fun build and I'll build it my way now instead of working around someone else's ideas.