Tmrx4 defender

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a jconcepts 93 f250 monster truck body done for a quick mock up. I really like the looks of it and I may just keep it as I have a long bed as well
20210804_231554.jpg
20190831_094356.jpg

Sold the mojave body and decided to keep the chassis and do a complete rebuild from the chassis up. I bought a two speed gear set a little while back when I grenaded the portal gear and pulled the transmission apart last night and looked at it. I'll be putting the gears in it when I have a little time. I just ordered new frame rails. I'm looking to get the floor pan set off ebay that has all the plastic pieces with it including new body mounts and reciecer box. Not a bad deal I think. I'm also looking into the jconcepts 93 f250 trail and scale body to replicate my 1:1 92 f150. Should be a fun build and I'll build it my way now instead of working around someone else's idea's
Nice!! That's the way to build it. The way you want it to look and handle. Can't wait to see what you come up with.🤔👍
That's a cool body. Definitely keep the long bed for sure. Just need to make/get a tool box for the bed.

Nice!! That's the way to build it. The way you want it to look and handle. Can't wait to see what you come up with.🤔👍
That's a cool body. Definitely keep the long bed for sure. Just need to make/get a tool box for the bed.
Not sure I'm keeping the tool box as of now. But I like the idea. Could be money to be made for that in the future🤔

Not sure I'm keeping the tool box as of now. But I like the idea. Could be money to be made for that in the future🤔
Oh ime sure people always looking for a scale tool box. For their scale pick ups. I would for you or a cab for the back. That can be added or removed.🤔🤔 make that $$$. More RCs it's a win-win 👍👍

Everything has been on hiatus as of late as I took a vacation to Phoenix for a wedding and to visit a cousin I haven't seen in 20 years. On my way home I stopped and dragged my f150 home so I've been focused on that not sure when rc will resume but I'm going to focus on my f150. I've owned it for over 2 years and it's finally time to get it back on the road.
20210830_114027.jpg
20210903_200848.jpg

Everything has been on hiatus as of late as I took a vacation to Phoenix for a wedding and to visit a cousin I haven't seen in 20 years. On my way home I stopped and dragged my f150 home so I've been focused on that not sure when rc will resume but I'm going to focus on my f150. I've owned it for over 2 years and it's finally time to get it back on the road. View attachment 132130View attachment 132131
Nice love wrenching on 1.1 trucks. Got some work to do.. just get running or you doing anything special?

Nice love wrenching on 1.1 trucks. Got some work to do.. just get running or you doing anything special?
Spark plugs? 🤣🤣

Certain year fords the back spark plugs are a b to change. I love the truck, but those mirrors need moved. I actually wouldnt mind an obs non turbo diesel.

Spark plugs? 🤣🤣

Certain year fords the back spark plugs are a b to change. I love the truck, but those mirrors need moved. I actually wouldnt mind an obs non turbo diesel.
Plenty of them out here rust free
I'm doing a full build. All new tires restoring the centerline wheels custom lift kit some motor work and a full color change.

Plenty of them out here rust free

I'm doing a full build. All new tires restoring the centerline wheels custom lift kit some motor work and a full color change.
Yeah bud that's awesome. Going to be sweet

Very cool man. It's a big project t thats for sure. And even better that you have the bosses blessing 🤣🤣
I saved it so I can check it out for time to time. Thanks for the link. Definitely wouldn't get rid of the stock tires that's for sure. I just love it when other people. Always tell people what's wrong or what needs to be done.. when no body asked for any advice or help.🤣🤣 you said it sat for 9yrs. Then they all go the fluid is bad . Then starts the list them.🤣🤣🤣 yeah thanks guys. As you tell them you basically been working on cars your whole life... people..... its going to be good new tank lines. The manual would be a smart choice I miss my stick. I want to put a manual in my ranger on 40".. going to very cool congrats on getting it home.. good luck hope it all goes well. Least you radiator is showing good signs. 9yrs and still green impressive👍👍😲

Very cool man. It's a big project t thats for sure. And even better that you have the bosses blessing 🤣🤣
I saved it so I can check it out for time to time. Thanks for the link. Definitely wouldn't get rid of the stock tires that's for sure. I just love it when other people. Always tell people what's wrong or what needs to be done.. when no body asked for any advice or help.🤣🤣 you said it sat for 9yrs. Then they all go the fluid is bad . Then starts the list them.🤣🤣🤣 yeah thanks guys. As you tell them you basically been working on cars your whole life... people..... its going to be good new tank lines. The manual would be a smart choice I miss my stick. I want to put a manual in my ranger on 40".. going to very cool congrats on getting it home.. good luck hope it all goes well. Least you radiator is showing good signs. 9yrs and still green impressive👍👍😲
Dont forget the fluids, tires and battery. 🤣🤣

Its like my dad telling me how to cut his yard when I been doing it 10 years, million dollar homes and multimillion dollar business.

I too plan on watching over the build thread.

Dont forget the fluids, tires and battery. 🤣🤣

Its like my dad telling me how to cut his yard when I been doing it 10 years, million dollar homes and multimillion dollar business.

I too plan on watching over the build thread.
Oh yeah the engine oil,gas,brake,any fluid. Oh yeah dad's will never stop that one bud.. I'm 43 and my dad still tell me that. Your doing it wrong here let me show you...this is the way you do it... 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thanks dad got to love them 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh yeah the engine oil,gas,brake,any fluid. Oh yeah dad's will never stop that one bud.. I'm 43 and my dad still tell me that. Your doing it wrong here let me show you...this is the way you do it... 🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Thanks dad got to love them 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Glad I'm not alone. His father did the same to him. 😅

My dad was impressed as well. Then he said I bet the other half of it was sitting on the cylinders. Not likely as it ran great when parked 9 years ago. Only reason it was parked was because the transfer case went out of it. Having the bosses blessing has helped tremendously. Although the more I do to my truck I have to do more to hers 🤣
20210719_152516.jpg

Just got small update on my f150. Got one of the wiring harnesses off two of the four front shocks radiator condenser a/c compressor door mirrors and the Headliner retaining trim off. I did find a manual shift transfer case in the junkyard for a good price so I snapped that up. I'm going slow and taking my time as I buy parts as I can afford them I will be selling some of my r/c related stuff to raise the funds to buy parts for my truck. Let me know if you are interested in something

Everything has been on hiatus as of late as I took a vacation to Phoenix for a wedding and to visit a cousin I haven't seen in 20 years. On my way home I stopped and dragged my f150 home so I've been focused on that not sure when rc will resume but I'm going to focus on my f150. I've owned it for over 2 years and it's finally time to get it back on the road. View attachment 132130View attachment 132131
Very cool. I have an 85' F150 I want to start restoring one of these days, weeks, months, years.. :D

Very cool. I have an 85' F150 I want to start restoring one of these days, weeks, months, years.. :D
I know how you feel. I've owned my truck for 2 years and finally got to drag it home in August. I've been wanting to work on it all that time but it was over 200 miles away at my father in laws house