tmaxx friction pegs???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
good evening,
on my maxx ,there is only 6 pegs installed,i was wondering since i have to tear it apart to replace them anyway,should i install all 12 or just 6?
i am running a 22t bell with 72t steel spur ,,

also is there another clutch i can use other then the high-stall??

like 1 with independant springs instead of 1 spring ?
or do you not recomend switching from the highstal that the maxx uses ?

thanx rick
:cheers:

how hard does your tmaxx take off if it takes off pretty good i would put the same number of pegs in if it aint taking off as fast as you want it to then add about 2 or 3 pegs and then see how you like it.

well they are shot now,,and it doesn't launch very well but then i need to tune it alittle better too ,,i want it to do wheelie and such and just plain hook up,just curious if 12 was beter then the 6 standard

all 12 in will prob. make it do wheelies not sure (depends on weight and size of truck).

Racin_38, your second post on this topic has been deleted. If you need to add aditional information to your original post, click the edit button and add it there. (there were no replies in that thread)

Thank you

If your interested, I have a T-Maxx / 2.5Maxx RRP Double-Disc Slipper Kit: (72T steel spur) w/new pads, that I'll sell for $30 shipped ...

Say Goodbye to those rediculous pegs.....
PM me if interested...

i am gonna do alotta upgrades here in the very near future ,rpm arms,rpm shock towers,maxx 40's ,cvd's all around ,and quite a few others ,,

but still curious about the clutch setup,stay stock or upgrade to what??

thanx for your help..new to the maxx and so far i am inlove lol...
take care
rick

If you are gonna stay with the stock engine, upgrade to an MIP clutch. They hook up so much better than the stock clutch. Well worth it.

do the MIP clutch or the integy aluminum 3 shoe setup.....if you use the MiP go w/ the vented flywheel....and change the Clutchbell to RRP as well....Definately get the RRP slipper disc....and if you havent yet get a FOC kit....that will help you pull wheelies more than anything else.....then get all the goodies you want for your maxx....I recommend staying away from aluminum arms, Towers & knuckles...get RPM stuff (cheaper and more forgiving in crashes).....the 40s will change the handling drasticallly but if you put bowties and go tot the track you should drop your gear ratio just a touch....just change your CB about 2 to 4 teeth less than you are currently running...
and as a final tip if you have play in your diffs learn how to shim them properly.....I run the stock diff gears in my T-maxx and I get way more use out of mine than guys buying the RRP sets and don't shim them right......

you mean keep the 72t spur,which is a good thing cause it is steel, but drop to a 20t or a 18t will help bottom end????
see i am used to regearing 2-speeds for on-road, but this is totally new ballgame for me wit hthe spur then the 2 speed,,
thanx for the help ..
rick

Well keep that gear ratio or if you go to a better engine (you will) get a 70t but RRP makes a spur gear det that has 2 discs as the friction point instead of pegs....the discs let you set the slip of the spur gear a lot better than the pegs and it's much stronger.....plus the outer gear is replaceable....there are 2 sizes the kit comes in one just holds from 70t down and the other is 70t and up.......

I also have a rrp double disc slipper for sale with a 70t steel spur. $30 shipped.