This a good deal on a buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcporter

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Brand new and looking to get myself a buggy. Want to get into something I can learn with and upgrade over time. Found this for sale locally and wanted to see if it was a good deal. Thanks for any feedback.

Seller had listed for 400 but said he would take 300 when I offered It.

Remote Control, starter box, miscellaneous, the whole thing included.

Its a OFNA Jammin X1-CR with a X2-CR conversion kit.
Some after market parts including skid plates.
MAX-21VZ-B V-Spec .21 *NEW*
Airtronics M11 is running Spektrum Pro DSM.
KO PRO Digital high speed steering servo.
JR High Torque throttle servo.
Duel Parallel fuel filters.
JP-2 Exhaust with baffle extension.

sounds too good to be true and the fact that hes readily willing to come down to 25% of his asking price right off the bat would make me think its stolen or theres something really wrong with it. IDK though maybe hes just really desperate for money? hard to say

sounds too good to be true and the fact that hes readily willing to come down to 25% of his asking price right off the bat would make me think its stolen or theres something really wrong with it. IDK though maybe hes just really desperate for money? hard to say
Yea that's kind of what I was thinking as well.

Sounds way too cheap!! I've never been that hard up for cash. If I was I wouldn't just give my stuff away like that. I think Greywolf hit the nail on the head. Dude has either stole it or something definitely fishy going on.

Where did you come across this? Ebay, Craig's list, local paper?
Sometimes people just want to get out of the hobby because they lose interest and will take anything.

Where did you come across this? Ebay, Craig's list, local paper?
Sometimes people just want to get out of the hobby because they lose interest and will take anything.
Yes, they may of lost interest, but even so- if he's spent that much already then he wouldn't be selling it so cheap, @pcporter Have you tried testing it? Does it work fine?
It may even be stolen.....

Yes, they may of lost interest, but even so- if he's spent that much already then he wouldn't be selling it so cheap, @pcporter Have you tried testing it? Does it work fine?
It may even be stolen.....

I decided to go with a different person.

D8s
B5 motor
Savox 1268 servos
Dx4r remote

500 for all

I decided to go with a different person.

D8s
B5 motor
Savox 1268 servos
Dx4r remote

500 for all
The HPI D8S is basically just a Trophy 3.5 that's upgrade a lot- and the HPI Trophy 3.5 is an excellent buggy, sounds great. And the werks B5 is also a good engine, although be wary of people that say "oh...it's only had 1ML of fuel through it...runs like a dream m8" because that usually translates to "it's had 4 gallons of fuel through it, and is on it's last legs so I'm flogging it because I never broke it in" Savox always make great servos, so overall looks good. :)

That sounds like a much more reasonable offer. Id feel better with that option if it were me.

Thanks for the help ended up getting os speed .19 instead of b5 just broke in 600 total for all.