Need help Identifying this buggy plz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought this buggy on ebay for about 107 bucks (it was listed as a Hyper 7) because at the time I bought it the seller told me it had everything but the engine, pipe, and reciever/transmitter. Well I had all three of those things sitting in drawers so I bought it. turns out the reciver tray had been smashed and glued back together and the steering servo didnt work. Well I thought no big deal Ill just spend about 35 bucks on ebay and buy some Hyper 7 Battery and reciever tray and new engine mount and a handful of other misc items. Well it didnt take me long to figure out from the parts that I recieved that this isnt a Hyper 7 becasue the parts dont fit. I've also learned since then that Hyper 7s dont have sway bars which this one does. I would almost guess that this might be a Jammin becasue I know the two buggies are very very similar but its actually a little different from the Jammin X1 that I've seen photos of. At any rate if someone would be kind enough to ID this buggy for me it would help me decide wether to buy new pars to fix it up (I have alot of what I need already laying around) or to file an ebay claim against the user and try and get my money back.

wu08lj.jpg

315mz5d.gif

2irw93s.jpg

veyr6g.jpg

fuyq1z.gif

34sj71u.gif

i think its a ofna 8.5

---------- Post added at 4:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 4:24 AM ----------

i think its a ofna 8.5

Actually I think its an OFNA Picco off road buggy...someone from another forum showed me some pics of it and they look pretty much the same. Question is if it is an OFNA Picco off road buggy is it worth a poop or not? I saw them advertised for 200 RTR....I'm assuming not so much at that price.

Last edited:
Anyone else care to take a stab at this? Any OFNA experts out there?

I did see that to but the shell has a slightly different shape but it might not be the same shell ole keep looking

I got it .....Its an OFNA Picco .21 which is 95% teh same parts as the OFNA 9.5 MBX RTR. Thanks for trying guys

Would OFNA parts work on a Hot Body's buggy?? They look very much alike.

There are a bunch of buggies I've been seeing lately that all built sorta alike. IDK about hot bodies though.

As for the engine I'm gonna put a Dynamite .26 out of my old LST2 in it.

sweet i was going to get one of those engines they look like a decent engine is it a mach 2?

yea still looks good they now have a bigger and better engine called a dynamite big red its a .28 and it looks like its a killer engine

I got it .....Its an OFNA Picco .21 which is 95% teh same parts as the OFNA 9.5 MBX RTR. Thanks for trying guys
An Ofna Picco .21 is an engine not a car. The car does look like an Ofna but which model I am not totally sure

Would OFNA parts work on a Hot Body's buggy?? They look very much alike.
No....unless you are talking about parts like clutch bells and shoes...major parts like A-arms....sorry out of luck there.

An OFNA Picco .21 is an engine not a car. The car does look like an OFNA but which model I am not totally sure

The exact name of the kit is "OFNA Picco off road buggy" it was a variant of the OFNA MBX 9.5 RTR (95% same parts) that came with an OFNA Picco .21 engine. I said OFNA Picco .21 buggy for simplicities sake. No need to try and ID the buggy anymore as I stated earlier I've already done that with the help of an OFNA tech rep. Thanks for your input.