The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The list.
10x19x5 bearings 10 pack.
8x16x5 bearings 10 pack.
Rear RPM arms Kraton.
Sledge center driveshaft boots.
90wt shock fluid.
M2C Sledge drive cups, full set.
GMP carbon center brace, Sledge.
Jconcepts Kraton body.
Traxxas Sledge clear body.
2 cans Tamia light green paint.
M4x20 screws.
Body mounts, Sledge.
2 RPM front bumpers, Sledge (the second one is for the back of the truck).

Now that I'm done smashing them, it's time to put them back together.

4598E059-5552-41D7-9CCD-7BD822B51C1D.jpeg

Retired the pit boss

I usually just use cheap headphone hooked up to my computer when the wife watch's her shows while I watch videos.
The last cheap set I bought almost 10 years ago lasted this long but the right side speaker broke off.
These were cheap enough.
I also bought a cheap air pump to carry with me on my pontoon kick boat.

s-l1600.jpg

I usually just use cheap headphone hooked up to my computer when the wife watch's her shows while I watch videos.
The last cheap set I bought almost 10 years ago lasted this long but the right side speaker broke off.
These were cheap enough.
I also bought a cheap air pump to carry with me on my pontoon kick boat.

View attachment 183735
Is the air pump to push the air under water in the event of a roll over?🤣🤣

1/5 scale gas truck coming? Come on bro, you need to give us more than that. :eek:
I’m going to buy that dirty 30 degree north truck. I’m either waiting for fearless rc to get a roller in stock, or the 38cc version in stock, or for rcmodelz in the UK to get the 38cc motor in stock. They have the rolling chassis, and the prices are better even with international shipping. I prefer the roller so I can use my choice of radio and batteries I already have, plus I want that 38cc motor. It’s coming one way or another.

IMG_0115.jpeg

It will be mine oh yes it will be mine……

I told my wife…., “the next one I get is about $1400 or so…..” she be like WTF man

Last edited:
I’m going to buy that dirty 30 degree north truck. I’m either waiting for fearless rc to get a roller in stock, or the 38cc version in stock, or for rcmodelz in the UK to get the 38cc motor in stock. They have the rolling chassis, and the prices are better even with international shipping. I prefer the roller so I can use my choice of radio and batteries I already have, plus I want that 38cc motor. It’s coming one way or another.

View attachment 183808

It will be mine oh yes it will be mine……

I told my wife…., “the next one I get is about $1400 or so…..” she be like WTF man
Awesome choice.

I bought my Baja 5b Q shorty kit.

s-l1600.jpg

I was checking out some parts on AliExpress and some of the prices are unreal.
Has anybody used stuff from them and if so, is it decent quality?

5B9D429D-BE61-4EB6-BBDF-BF03C9E0ECFE.jpeg

Couple weeks ago I placed an order for 4 gallons from online (no LHS here). A week goes by, heard nothing from the place besides a order confirmation. The place seemed legit, but I searched it and found a bunch of horror stories about them…but also had seen some that made me give them a little more time before I try to cancel, in the mean time we were running low so I bent over on Amazon and got a few quarts. We should be good for a little bit and I will probably order from same said place again more in advance.

Edit: both orders showed up today, but didn’t see the email Friday that the first order shipped and it went from California to Louisiana by Sunday

Aliexpress is cheap Chinese stuff of course, but some of it is ok quality. What in particular are you looking at?

I placed my first order with them recently, what I ordered was good quality, and came within a week. There are many sellers selling the same items on ali expess, read the descriptions carefully and look at multiple vendors within the site to see which sounds the most reliable.

I was recently scammed for $40. They sent me a 10 cent bag of Legos instead of a Radiolink RC4SG. They sent the Legos so they could say it was shipped and received with tracking.

AliExpress customer service was nonexistant and insisted I return the product to get a refund. Sent it back.... the company so far hasn't acknowledged getting it back after 10 days. So I am using PayPal to recover my funds.

Many others have had better luck... but It will be awhile before I try AliExpress again because of the horrible customer service and blind support of a fraudulent vender.

I ordered a single time from Ali Express, the Hota charger I use. It took a bit of shipping time, but arrived in perfect shape and at a significant cost savings.

Picked up some shock shafts to build my strc shocks up.

View attachment 183878

Couple weeks ago I placed an order for 4 gallons from online (no LHS here). A week goes by, heard nothing from the place besides a order confirmation. The place seemed legit, but I searched it and found a bunch of horror stories about them…but also had seen some that made me give them a little more time before I try to cancel, in the mean time we were running low so I bent over on Amazon and got a few quarts. We should be good for a little bit and I will probably order from same said place again more in advance.

Edit: both orders showed up today, but didn’t see the email Friday that the first order shipped and it went from California to Louisiana by Sunday
I need to pick up some fruit punch soon also. Happy motoring

20240305_173808.jpg

Back