The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a body and rear wing set with rear wing assembly, front bumper for my eb4 s2 pro car. Coming from UK though.

Got a DV-Dongle so I can talk on Ham Radio nets easily from my home.

Bought 2017 Ford Escape SE, in Black. So far I'm liking it, all the technology in these cars now is phenomenal. It's got a freaking 110amp household plug in the backseat, I could use a bloody microwave in my car now.

Bought 2017 Ford Escape SE, in Black. So far I'm liking it, all the technology in these cars now is phenomenal. It's got a freaking 110amp household plug in the backseat, I could use a bloody microwave in my car now.
110 Volts? Would be surprised if it was 110amps! lol

Ordered some bits for my stampede and a new spektrum DSMR receiver that appears to have a coaxial antenna. I think one of my orange ones are dieing again. So, perhaps $8 receivers don't last as long, but they do work well when they work. The SPMSR210 was only $30, so figured I'd try it out. Just hoping it really has a coaxial antenna on it like the $8 knock offs have.

Picked up spurs, new pinion, new TiNi shock shafts for my stampede 4x4. Landed so hard yesterday that the chassis bowed and the pinion smashed into the spur hard enough to mess up half the teeth as well as break off a few.

Parts and pieces to build a wiring harness and run it through the firewall for the new ham radio pictured above....

I was in a neighboring town for work, and figured I'd run into Best Buy just to check out their PC monitors. Ended up scoring a 29" LG ultra wide (2560x1080), IPS panel, 5ms response, 75mhz refresh rate for $140 off. We'll see, I have two weeks to decide if it's what I want. BUT, I've been gaming on a 32" TV, so between pixel density and response time, I think I'll love it. I really wanted a 144hz setup, but just can't swallow the cost of them.

I also reluctantly bought GTA V off of steam. I've been really getting back into sand box games lately, and it's the ultimate sandbox game. Had to refund Wreckfest, just too buggy.

Bought the wrong pinion for my stampede, got a 13T because that was what I thought I was running. I had a 14T in it. I put in the new RRP 13T anyway just so it runs quieter and hopefully doesn't chew up the spur. The 14T traxxas pinion I had in there was pretty chewed up after only a couple of months of running.

Also ordered another set of bluetooth headphones for lunchtime netflixing.

Ugh... I have a sickness... Got my $250 back from Dan @KershawDesigns for the savage conversion I didn't get... then a savage flux hp shows up on ebay for $450. Asked the seller a ton of questions, got more pictures, checked out the quality of his other stuff for sale and went from himming and hawing about it over the course of a day to just buying it. He's also throwing in a handful of TRX connectors and whatever other parts he can find, so I put those on, throw my spare receiver in and go!

Will probably move my t-bones rear wheelie bar/skid over to it from my nitro X, since it's just getting dusty on the shelf.

Getting electric has really opened up some bashing options for me this year. I will now be 4 electric and 3 nitro!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well, my Traxxas Nitro Sport came back home.I gave it to my son to get him into RC, but with his family responsibilities ( 2 kids and his wife ) he doesn't have much free time. I also picked up Exceed Blur 1/16 nitro buggy. I kinda regretted selling the one I had before so when I found this one I jumped on it.

Picked up a new SSD to replace on that was failing and was able to migrate the data with no sweat. Now I need a new USB 3.0 card to replace the one that is dying. I HATE ELECTRICAL STORMS!

Bought a new pressure washer. Figured it would make easy work cleaning the cars, sidewalk, trash cans and house when I feel like working. :D

FWIW the Samsung Data migration tool woks without a fuss.

Picked up a new SSD to replace on that was failing and was able to migrate the data with no sweat. Now I need a new USB 3.0 card to replace the one that is dying. I HATE ELECTRICAL STORMS!
I hear that. The last time we got hit a few months back fried the HDMI board in my A/V receiver. Since everything is wired through that, we had no TV for 5 whole hours... I bought a new one on my way home from work for $700. And a relatively expensive surge protector. After further inspection of the one I had, it was only a power strip. That will teach me to pay attention when plugging stuff in. Could have been much worse, PS3, TV, Media PC and blu-ray player were all plugged into the same strip. Oddly, it only cooked the HDMI board in the receiver, which made it pretty useless to me.

I pre-ordered a Uniden R3 GPS enabled radar detector that will ship once they're back in stock. Sold out everywhere!

OOf, that sucks buddy. Out of curiosity, were you running a UPS? Just curious as I run one, and generally do not unplug during storms. But I may start now!

FWIW the Samsung Data migration tool woks without a fuss.

Yes it does, worked well for me too.

Forgot to mention, ordered some more stuff for the flux. Full set of arms (upper/lower) and upper hinge pin braces. Guessing I'll eventually do away with the adjustable suspension conversion if it doesn't hold up to some abuse. Also ordered a BP diff for a backup.

@olds97_lss @hamz956 You may want to check out power conditioners... When I was building pro audio amp racks, we used Furman conditioners and they were great! They aren't terribly expensive to start out but they can get pricey as the options increase. However I'll bet that for what you would need for sufficient output and protection, it wouldn't be a whole lot more than what you would pay for (IMO) a very overpriced 'best buy' power surge protect which offers so much less.

I wasn't running a UPS as it had taken a hit earlier and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it, but was running a good surge suppressor. I think that's what saved the rest of the workstation.

Whatever works is good with me. I just hate seeing ppl get robbed because a 'good suppressor' carries the same name as a somewhat good wire manufacturer. ;) obviously whatever you have did its job so...:thumbs-up: