The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a rsort of rounded piece of steel... (like how your wallet gets rounded after you sir on it for a year). I used to ride with it in my back pocket and put the hardly up on it on hot black top so it didn't drop itself by sinking thru it.

xXx Retrun of Xander Cage on BluRay and iZombie season 2 on DVD.

olds, the VDP kit really helped tame my ERBE, worth every penny.

I bought a bunch of groceries, and was craving wings, so that's what I did for dinner.

sSCRYy3.jpg

olds, the VDP kit really helped tame my ERBE, worth every penny.

Yep, I have that in all 3 of my revos. I think part of the problem is that my ERBE has a t-bones rear skid on it along with a 3/32" steel plate to avoid wear from running the skate park. The t-bones takes away 1/4" of travel due to it standing off the bottom skid 1/8" or so and being 1/16" thick, combined with the 3/32" plate. So I lose clearance and the ass hits the ground pretty hard. Going to try a thicker oil to hopefully help without causing damage. Also didn't help running the SRC terrain tires on it which have nearly no cushion to them. I spun a hex in one of those, so they are on the shelf now. I did run a set of geode's with 3.8" chevrons, but that caused me to bust 4 HPI 5x8 flanged wheel nuts in one outing. Guessing the extra leverage from the geode's 1/2" offset was too much strain.

Today I stopped at the LHS since I was near it and picked up 2 gallons of 25% byrons ($30 each) and 2 sets of traxxas split spoke black chrome rims with 3.3 maxx tires on them (part# 4983A). They have a bit more sidewall than the chevrons and the rims aren't offset. So, hoping between the extra cushion and tire height along with less offset will make it a bit better. Each pair were $42, so not too bad. I can never leave a hobby shop without spending at least $100. I almost bought a set of mounted proline trenchers for the stampede 4x4, but I didn't have my phone so couldn't look up which ones work well with that truck... would have been another $70.

All for my Savage Flux, x2 HD cup joints, x2HD diff shafts, x2 HD drive axles, Proline VW bug body, and a Parma Paint mask.

@flm_savage
Got an email from them yesterday at 7:30am saying they shipped. According to Fedex, they will be here tomorrow. The site no longer says "pre-order" for the 2S 7200 true spec's.

Sweet! I am planning to order some more. I got the used 6500's in and they are great.

Picked up a Hyperion EOS 0720i Super Duo to cut my charging time by more than half. Going from 100W to 500W. woohoo
Not sure if i want to sell the Orion touch charger or keep it as a backup.

Hunting for "must have" ERBE parts now......

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked up a Redcat Lightning STR and a 1/16 scale HSP Kingliness. 2 more Nitro's to break in. Love it! LOL

Bought new tires for my bike and sent the ecu in for a remap. Didn't buy it myself but my parents got me a new grill for my birthday so I'll likely be buying something to grill soon.

1,000 mile service on my bike it actually was part of the purchase but still had to ride it over there for the service. I have basically spent my past 2 days in shop waiting area, between the bike and getting the headlights lined up on my truck.

Ordered a cocktail shaker set off of Amazon. I realized the last time I had people over that dumping their mixed drink contents into a plastic drive through cup and stirring it with a table spoon wasn't so classy. Short bus for the win! :D

Last week I got a blow up sheep (calm yourself Rolex damn!) for my instructor, last Friday was the last day in my safety tickets course, I renewed my TDG, W.H.M.I.S, H2S Alive, Confined Space, and First Aid level 2, so I thought my instructor could use a friendly joke gift, only thing he said was "I can't let my wife see this".

Today I ordered one of these:
http://gcmracing.ca/viewitem.php?productid=335

Trying out SlingTV service now that they added the sports channels I'd need to keep up with all my motorcycle racing. They've also added DVR service as well, and so far the quality and the interface is really good.

@wacmartin Did you get this painted yet?

All for my Savage Flux, x2 HD cup joints, x2HD diff shafts, x2 HD drive axles, Proline VW bug body, and a Parma Paint mask.

I have this body and have been kicking around a million ideas for the paint... Would like to see what you did with yours!