The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we've lived at this house we have kept the bag of dog food in the entry closet (I know not the best place) but this evening I've spotted signs of mice.

Bought a few traps, cleaned up the mess and placed an order for a Vittles Vault container.

Hopefully with the traps, and new container that will be stored in the garage will keep those pests out.

I watched a video earlier of a dog opening one of those @WoodiE haha.

Since we've lived at this house we have kept the bag of dog food in the entry closet (I know not the best place) but this evening I've spotted signs of mice.

Bought a few traps, cleaned up the mess and placed an order for a Vittles Vault container.

Hopefully with the traps, and new container that will be stored in the garage will keep those pests out.
http://www.dunkemtrap.com/

I'm waiting for my 7200's too.
Did you ever hear anything about shipping on them? I am thinking about cancelling my order and finding something else. I want to be up and running this weekend

Did you ever hear anything about shipping on them? I am thinking about cancelling my order and finding something else. I want to be up and running this weekend
No, not yet. I checked the site last night and saw that they were still listed as pre-order and as of 30 seconds ago, they are still listed as pre-order. I'm really hoping they get some in stock to get to me before next weekend since it's a holiday/3-day weekend for me.

I ordered a action cam dual battery charger with 2 new packs and a knock off spektrum receiver on ebay because I was afraid the ones I bought from TargetHobby wouldn't show up by next weekend. I bought it in the morning and later that afternoon, the 2 from targethobby showed up. Go figure. now I'll have a spare.

No, not yet. I checked the site last night and saw that they were still listed as pre-order and as of 30 seconds ago, they are still listed as pre-order. I'm really hoping they get some in stock to get to me before next weekend since it's a holiday/3-day weekend for me.

I ordered a action cam dual battery charger with 2 new packs and a knock off spektrum receiver on ebay because I was afraid the ones I bought from TargetHobby wouldn't show up by next weekend. I bought it in the morning and later that afternoon, the 2 from targethobby showed up. Go figure. now I'll have a spare.
Haha, I am in the same boat!
I sent an email to SMC to see if they would cancel my pre-order and then i ordered a pair of the standard 2S 5000's that they had in stock for $70.
Not two minutes later i come across a deal online for a pair of SMC 2S 6500's with 5 runs on them for $50 shipped.

So now I am trying to decide if i want to cancel the new SMC order or not. I don't need them right now but I hate to cancel another order.

Thought I fried a diff in my stampede 4x4 today. Turns out, the spur bearing fried again. That's the 3rd one to die on me in the 3 months I've had this thing. It was shot when I got it, so I guess this makes 4. This one took out the plastic motor mount with it.

Ordered a king headz replacement mount that comes with and uses 10x19 bearings vs 10x15. Hoping it's worth the $35 I paid.
http://www.kingheads.com/product_info.php?products_id=950

At least the diff looks ok still as well as the spur and center shaft. Figured with the bearing that far gone that the spur at least would have been toast.

2017-0521-StampedeSpurBearingMelted.jpg

A bigger bearing should help. Going ceramic sounds like a good idea in this case too. Flaming out so many bearings begs the question... WHY??? Bend shaft or an alignment issue? Maybe the new mount will fix it all anyways. Maybe the old one was a lil cock-eyed? Just a thought...

Any more root cause analysis done on that thing @olds97_lss ?

Obviously there was some decent heat being generated if it melted the plastic. Makes you wonder if the bearing got trash in it and seized or at least started to drag which caused the entire assembly to heat up.

Last edited:
Haha, I am in the same boat!
I sent an email to SMC to see if they would cancel my pre-order and then i ordered a pair of the standard 2S 5000's that they had in stock for $70.
Not two minutes later i come across a deal online for a pair of SMC 2S 6500's with 5 runs on them for $50 shipped.
So now I am trying to decide if i want to cancel the new SMC order or not. I don't need them right now but I hate to cancel another order.
@flm_savage
Got an email from them yesterday at 7:30am saying they shipped. According to Fedex, they will be here tomorrow. The site no longer says "pre-order" for the 2S 7200 true spec's.

A Wheels Mfg BB92 thread in conversion bottom bracket for the full suspension MTB. And some Harvest Farms chicken breasts, asparagus, wood chips, a case of Michelob Ultra, and a bottle of Duplin wine to entertain friends over the holiday weekend.

I strongly recommend SMC lipos as well great batteries, and customer support.

I picked up a full set of goalie equipment from a yard sale for $125, a steal really seeing as how it's pretty much brand new. Haven't played goal in about 15 years so it should be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

20170527_171850.jpg

My SMC order showed up... then I used the new packs. Now ordering new parts for both my erbe and ejato.
Rear RPM arms for the jato, snapped one off today.
HPI flanged wheel nuts for the ERBE, busted 2 of them off today.
Also ordered a front skid from t-bones for both the jato and stampede 4x4. I busted the RPM one on the jato, the t-bonez one angles up more, so will help making it less of a lawn dart. I got tired of digging dirt out of the stock one on the stampede. The t-bonez v4 still has holes in it, but at least it isn't fully open like the stock shovel. LOL

Last edited:
Forgot, I ordered a new steering/servo saver batch of parts for the ERBE. On the cap that holds the servo saver spring and bearing, the entire center of the cap busted and the shaft/bearing were just floating. I have no idea what would cause that. My front->center skid was also split, so perhaps the torsion from whatever broke that stressed the servo saver shaft and caused it to break. I didn't even know it broke, just noticed when I had it on my bench that the servo saver wobbled around quite a bit when steering the tires. Figured I blew a bearing.

I also rdered an alloy front->center skid as well. Found an old GoldenHorizon part on ebay. Since I have the t-bone front skid and I'd never run an aluminum front skid, I was able to find just the front->center part separate. I think have an alloy one on my other two nitro revo's as well due to breaking the stock part on those too.

Got a Ram mount for the bike and a couple kickstand feet for when I ride over to my buddies house to keep the bike from tipping over on his rock driveway. They where birthday presents Yeah, plus I got another tank of fuel for the bike I put 150 miles on it today.