The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used Losi micro-sct. Spare parts for the truck. 2.4ghz receiver/esc for my micro-highroller (after knocking the dustballs off it). My first lipo packs for both trucks and a charger, as well as some wires to convert all the ends.

Not sure how, but I was buying a cheap truck to chase the cats around the house due to the micro-highroller being irritatingly glitchy and having a short run time (or overheating due to a 4xaaa pack on it), and I end up buying a used brushless sct for $130, then closing in on another $120 in parts/batts/charger for it and my micro-highroller that I haven't driven in over a year... Will be fun again I hope, since I won't need to use the stupid glitchy ass AM radio. THe sct is 2.4g and paired just fine with my spektrum transmitter. Guessing the micro-highroller will do the same

If you add the 2.4 GHz kit it should work just fine, @olds97_lss. All of my Losi micro trucks are 2.4 GHz Spektrum RXs. I have 2 micro SCTs one is the brushless edition and the other is converted to brushless and both are a lot of fun but too beastly to run indoors on 2s LiPo.

Red Bull for in the morning. Just spent 4 hrs in the ER because my son fell and broke his arm. Luckily we get to go back in 7 hrs for surgery.

@SchrodeMode keeping you in my thoughts, pal.
My oldest son broke his when he 2. I feel your pain.
Thanks man. He's 4 and was playing in his sisters bed, which is luckily a little lower than the top bunk of a bunk bed, and ended up flipping out of it.

VERY high winds earlier causing a large tree to fall on a major power line in the area. We ended up with a couple pairs of shorts running through our service panel. :woot:
And @Rolex running around with no shorts...

Schrode, I hope everything goes well with your sons surgery.

Ordered a Wilderness Logics Light Owl hammock and structural ridge line package. Love sleeping in the hammock, best sleep I've had in years, just need a bit more room than the ENO offers.

I also ordered some Blackhawk pants and shirts on closeout.

Last edited:
Getting a paddle tire installed today, lunch at Sizzler and hopefully a large duffle bag. Going riding at St.Anthony's on Monday :)

Thanks guys. Everything went fine, he ended up getting two pins. We'll be going back on Thursday for them to rewrap his cast, they split this one to allow it to expand with any swelling. In 4 weeks we'll be going in to get the pins removed, if everything still looks fine they'll recast it and that one should only be on for a couple weeks.

Used Losi micro-sct. Spare parts for the truck. 2.4ghz receiver/esc for my micro-highroller (after knocking the dustballs off it). My first lipo packs for both trucks and a charger, as well as some wires to convert all the ends.

Not sure how, but I was buying a cheap truck to chase the cats around the house due to the micro-highroller being irritatingly glitchy and having a short run time (or overheating due to a 4xaaa pack on it), and I end up buying a used brushless sct for $130, then closing in on another $120 in parts/batts/charger for it and my micro-highroller that I haven't driven in over a year... Will be fun again I hope, since I won't need to use the stupid glitchy ass AM radio. THe sct is 2.4g and paired just fine with my spektrum transmitter. Guessing the micro-highroller will do the same
Another $30 worth of parts. 10 pack of JST connectors to convert everything, new DT tires for the high roller, new body for the sct to ditch the wide body, new higher torque bb losi motor for the micro-t. Looking at brushless since my 2.4g board can run it, just not sure what one to get, and since alloy trans with bearings are hard to find, I just got the brushed for now.

Another $30 worth of parts. 10 pack of JST connectors to convert everything, new DT tires for the high roller, new body for the sct to ditch the wide body, new higher torque bb Losi motor for the micro-t. Looking at brushless since my 2.4g board can run it, just not sure what one to get, and since alloy trans with bearings are hard to find, I just got the brushed for now.
The stock micro SCT transmissions are stout enough to handle the brushless power out of the box. I would recommend the 8250Kv set up as it isn't quite as insane as the 10950Kv (i have both).

@SchrodeMode when my oldest broke his arm, they pinned it as well and set it kind of crooked, as apparently a break stimulates growth. Looked weird right after the cast came off but now you'd never know if it wasn't for the scars. Glad it went well for you.

The stock micro SCT transmissions are stout enough to handle the brushless power out of the box. I would recommend the 8250Kv set up as it isn't quite as insane as the 10950Kv (i have both).
Wanting the brushless and bearings in the trans for the micro-t.