The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some roll pin starter punches, and a set of Lee Precision .300AAC blackout reloading dies, slowly gathering up stuff to get into reloading now that I have a basement. A buddy of mine is letting me borrow a press and powder measure so I can make sure I enjoy it (and I think I will) before spending a ton of money on gear.

After less than 2 hours on the mountain, I will now be paying for a trip to urgent care to see if my son fracured his wrist.

After less than 2 hours on the mountain, I will now be paying for a trip to urgent care to see if my son fracured his wrist.
That sucks. But a wrist is much better than it could be. Best of luck.

Wrist is fractured. They put a temporary cast on while the swelling goes down. Tuesday he gets the real one.

Scrubs for work, a furnace filter, a downspout extension to run rain away from the foundation.

Wrist is fractured. They put a temporary cast on while the swelling goes down. Tuesday he gets the real one.
At least he's okay. I broke my leg when I was 12 riding a bike, so I can empathize with him.

How did he do it?

Hit an icy patch on his board and went down. Not a big deal, but he folded his hand over while trying to break the fall and that's was it. Less and 2 minutes from the top of the mountain so we had to spend the next 45 minutes limping our way back down.

Once the initial pain lets up it becomes bragging rights in school.
Why are you playing on ice? It's springtime!
Ice is nice!
real-genius-01-800.jpg

Besides, haven't you heard of ice tea?

Bought a used losi micro scte... probably should have just bought new as I knee jerk purchased on ebay and after paying for it, I realized it comes with a crappy wall charger and a 3 cell lipo that the charger can't even charge. Also comes with a 2 cell. Supposedly it's brushless. Hoping I can use my normal radio with it as the receiver sticker on it and transmitter both say "Spektrum DSM".

Odds are, I'll end up buying a marginally better charger and new 3 cell packs and end up paying what a new one would have cost that came with the better charger/remote.

Either way, hoping it's more lively than my old brushed micro-high roller (jacked up micro-t) so I can irritate the cats.

Helluva way to start a vacation. How old is he?

The real pisser is he just got his drivers license 2 weeks ago and I got him comfortable driving a stick. He was going to start driving to school tomorrow. Now he can't shift until the pain eases enough for him to try so no driving for him for awhile longer.