The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent my whole life in New York, and St. Patrick's day is a drunken holiday I DON'T miss, living down here.
A lot of bars even had a "Half Way to St. Patrick's day" drunken party sometime in September. One of the towns in the county I lived in has a 52% Irish population.

We pride ourselves on keeping it a family focused event. We have a ton of rules that must be abided by to keep it that way.

Got a SMOKING deal today. I think i did anyway.
I got this combo kit from a hardware store for $249 and they threw this in for free!

The deal is at Shannon Hardware in Broussard, La if anyone is close.

Killer deal bro! I have passed by that place many times but never went in, looks like I'll have to check them out next time I'm in Lafayette!

I'm not sure how their other prices are. Nothing on the shelf had a price tag.... The table right when you walk in is where all the deals are apparently.

Looks very much like my 1300 APC unit, but I paid twice as much about 5 years ago. It's now on it's second battery.
A75-5000-main09-tmc.jpg

My spare ride picks up nail in tire. Tires have less than 3,000 miles on them. Tire goes flat in driveway. Daughter takes said car to go to gym. Does not notice tire is flat even thought she had to of walked right by it. Does not notice the car sitting a bit low in one corner. Does notice something is wrong after driving a mile and hears a funny sound when she rolls down window. $185 later, I buy a new tire since she literally smoked the flat one. Smoke actually came out of it when they popped it off the rim.

Thanks Rob, I needed a good laugh this morning lol. Also let's me know what I'm in for as my teen gets his license in a couple of months

On my way to pick up a Giant Peapod trailer for my little guy and the up and coming baby. :)

Anyone have any suggestions for some highly reflective tape that will stick to cloth, vinyl, and metal?

Rich Dark chocolate wedges Infused with Tabasco spice.

Now, I'm not a huge candy lover, but these are looking like they'll replace that once in a blue moon dark aero bar I buy at gas stations.

Some parts for my original buggy that was stolen in 2005 and recovered in late 2008 with a lot of missing parts.. I am building it up to the same spec as the day it was stolen, so even the odd grey control arm end is correct :)

16294271783_4ec4b20ee1_n.jpg

First up, the Failsafe, as I will be running it on AM 27mhz with the original factory controller... It's a replacement GWS FS-2. Good enough and adjustable, so it helps.

And this, the centre rigid axle. I was originally going to upgrade this anyway, but as this is a rebuild to "as purchased" spec, it is getting the rigid axle, albeit with a steel gear in place of the plastic one!! The buggy that replaced this one has the diff and a few other upgrades, hence keeping this one stock.

16294270803_f3cc99779e_n.jpg

Here's the buggy now, following purchase of a lot of the missing parts and with a few still to source. I have the engine, but need to acquire a head, piston & sleeve, conrod and wristpin.

16913027302_90823ca74b_z.jpg

Now all I have to do is find one of these beasts!

I need to replace the one I (AHEM!) commandeered from my brother when I was a child. It was this that got me into R/C in the first place.
44293933.jpg
44293933_20985442.jpg
!

Last edited:
Tickets to see Los Lonely Boys for the wife and a couple nights in a hotel in San Luis Obispo next week so my daughter can visit CalPoly. The college choosing fun begins.

A Browning Citori Feather Lightning 12 guage Over Under.

Tickets to see Los Lonely Boys for the wife and a couple nights in a hotel in San Luis Obispo next week so my daughter can visit CalPoly. The college choosing fun begins.

Rob... I know what you mean. We just signed our son up for Catholic High School. It might as well be college as much as it costs! Also they are required to buy a 64GB iPad Air 2 as well as uniforms.

A lot of the private schools around here work solely based off of tablets. Cheaper than physical text books in the long run.

Tom I feel your pain! My son has gone to a Catholic school from day one and is now a sophomore, I think I'm going to save money when he goes to college.

I feel your pain also. I've got a niece that just started pre-K4 at one this year and it's costing my sister a mint.