The Lawntoy 2.4Ghz!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thsts so bad ass man! Nicely done can't wait to see that lawntoy in action. And NO body ever thinks about sharpening their mower blade. I know I didn't when I was younger lol.now I have two that I swap out all the time lol

Cool project. What’s that yellow car? We just have econo boxes and Hilux’s over here.
You can see more of my 1:1 baby HERE if you're interested. :)
Thsts so bad ass man! Nicely done can't wait to see that lawntoy in action. And NO body ever thinks about sharpening their mower blade. I know I didn't when I was younger lol.now I have two that I swap out all the time lol
I didnt either when I was younger and I eventually tore up a mower engine trying to cut really thick grass with a completely blunt blade. That motor never did run right again. When I took it to a small engine shop they took one look at the blade and they laughed and said "Heres your problem" and the told me about keeping the blade maintained. I'm gonna buy a gringing wheel one of these days though...Doing it by hand with a 12in bastard file is just to much work lol

You can see more of my 1:1 baby HERE if you're interested. :)

I didnt either when I was younger and I eventually tore up a mower engine trying to cut really thick grass with a completely blunt blade. That motor never did run right again. When I took it to a small engine shop they took one look at the blade and they laughed and said "Heres your problem" and the told me about keeping the blade maintained. I'm gonna buy a gringing wheel one of these days though...Doing it by hand with a 12in bastard file is just to much work lol
Omg yes get a grinder lol. Harbor freight 20$. I start with grinder to get the bulk of it. Then finish it with file. Just got to make sure u don't take off to much to one side. I put my blade on a nail in wall threw mounting hole to make sure it's balanced. I didn't one time I thought the blade was going to shoot out from underneath hahaha

Omg yes get a grinder lol. Harbor freight 20$. I start with grinder to get the bulk of it. Then finish it with file. Just got to make sure u don't take off to much to one side. I put my blade on a nail in wall threw mounting hole to make sure it's balanced. I didn't one time I thought the blade was going to shoot out from underneath hahaha
lol, Yeah thats a good point and a good way to test for balance. :)

My late grandfather showed me that trick yrs ago. Or you can hang it from a string in same place. To check it. Balanced blade is very key spinning that fast. I learned the hard way. Haha

Dude that charger is sick. Sounds so good. 6 and change to the wheels before the pro charger. DAM MAN SHE MOVES!!! VERY nicely done man. Hats off to you sir

You dont need belts she puts u back in your seat and holds you there I'm sure lol. Like I nice warm hug 🤗

I'm more of a dirt guy. And four wheels. I got on my buddies old kawasaki 1000. Took it up the highway opened her up that was the last time I rode a street bike. I love speed and power. But I'm take guy that would push and push.then some idiot that can't drive would cause something to happen. Because no one pays attention anymore while driving. I will just play in the dirt like a kid that I am at heart. This is my baby 95 ranger 8" sky jack lift.40"super swamper.xold air intake.straight 2"exhust rite off header. I beat the piss out of her
20201105_155905.jpg

Nothing better then a sharp mower blade 😁😁 Even my edger I turn the blade every few houses. The concrete rounds the front part while sharpening the back. 🖒

I never knew about lawn mower maintenance in my teens or even my early 20's. I just knew I had to mow the lawn. Or my dad would be pist if not done. Never knew he did regular maintenance to it. Lol dam kids 😂🤣 until I got my first house and destroyed/burned all of my lawn. Because of a very rounded blade and cut way to short. That's when Grandpa and dad taught me about mower maintenance.amoung other things I didn't know about owning a house and what a surprise/shock. And now in my second house I try to keep a nice lawn/house. I TRY LOL

You dont need belts she puts u back in your seat and holds you there I'm sure lol. Like I nice warm hug 🤗
Yessir, She will pin you back a bit >:)
I'm more of a dirt guy. And four wheels. I got on my buddies old kawasaki 1000. Took it up the highway opened her up that was the last time I rode a street bike. I love speed and power. But I'm take guy that would push and push.then some idiot that can't drive would cause something to happen. Because no one pays attention anymore while driving. I will just play in the dirt like a kid that I am at heart. This is my baby 95 ranger 8" sky jack lift.40"super swamper.xold air intake.straight 2"exhust rite off header. I beat the piss out of her View attachment 128606
I know what you mean about pushing and other drivers. Thats a nice looking truck though. Love the wheels/tires

Yessir, She will pin you back a bit >:)

I know what you mean about pushing and other drivers. Thats a nice looking truck though. Love the wheels/tires
Thanks man Micky Thompson 15s wrapped with 40" super swampers. They throw the mud nicely and get me threw a hell alot of crap . It's not a good day if no mud on the roof. Lol

Ok, Newest installment of Lawntoy 2.4Ghz. I should be able to finish her up tomorrow! I'm gonna start off by running 2 lipos and see how far I get before they die. Ill have a back up set rdy just in case. If it take more than 10K mah then I'm gonna order 2 more 4S lipos and run 4 of them in parallel.

Someone needs to teach me how to weld! lol
20210627_185037.jpg

20210627_185054.jpg
20210627_185111.jpg
20210627_185106.jpg
20210627_204439.jpg
20210627_204433.jpg

Ok, Newest installment of Lawntoy 2.4Ghz. I should be able to finish her up tomorrow! I'm gonna start off by running 2 lipos and see how far I get before they die. Ill have a back up set rdy just in case. If it take more than 10K mah then I'm gonna order 2 more 4S lipos and run 4 of them in parallel.

Someone needs to teach me how to weld! lol
View attachment 128620
View attachment 128621View attachment 128623View attachment 128624View attachment 128625View attachment 128626
Dude hats off to ya. That's awesome!! Nice work can't wait to see it run. Nice idea on the front end looks good. You can solder so welding wouldn't be that hard for you. Can get a mig welder for 90$ at harbor freight. That would do the job. It's all about temp and a nice smooth movement.

Dude hats off to ya. That's awesome!! Nice work can't wait to see it run. Nice idea on the front end looks good. You can solder so welding wouldn't be that hard for you. Can get a mig welder for 90$ at harbor freight. That would do the job. It's all about temp and a nice smooth movement.
I got a buddy of mine who did some mig welding before he started doing carpentry. I'm gonna get a mig one of these days and have him teach me! :)
Oh and Thanks for the kind words. I been working my butt off non stop all weekend on this thing. :)

Looking good. If the front wheels dont work out, cub cadet sells push mowers with castors wheels in the front.

Some rc mowers cost up to 20k. I know a guy that has over 40 stump grinders. His favorite, a vameer with a cummins diesel, all rc. He could literally sit in the truck and mulch a stump.

I got a buddy of mine who did some mig welding before he started doing carpentry. I'm gonna get a mig one of these days and have him teach me! :)
Oh and Thanks for the kind words. I been working my butt off non stop all weekend on this thing. :)
It definitely looks like you have man well done bud. You will pick up might welding easy. I'm sure a mig is a hell alkt easier then tigging

Looking good. If the front wheels dont work out, cub cadet sells push mowers with castors wheels in the front.

Some rc mowers cost up to 20k. I know a guy that has over 40 stump grinders. His favorite, a vameer with a cummins diesel, all rc. He could literally sit in the truck and mulch a stump.
These are caster wheels too so I'm assuming they will work unless they end up being to narrow at which point I will look into those particular ones. Thanks for the heads up.
It definitely looks like you have man well done bud. You will pick up might welding easy. I'm sure a mig is a hell alkt easier then tigging
I've got the entire front end completely bolted together. I sure wished I could have welded today lol. That being said I made sure that every surface has a lock washer and Orange lock tight. So that so that Is sucker aint going nowhere! 🤣

I forgot to mention that I manged to get the ride height just about spot on. The deck height is siting about 2 1/4 in off the ground. My good push mower is at 2.5in deck height so I'm happy with that

Back