The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot, that's normal spring and fall weather here. I think the biggest temp swing I've seen was low 30's to mid 80's. :D Yep, had leaves, and pine needles both put me down before. We won't have a good leaf peak this year, all the rain and wind from the hurricanes have already stripped most of the leaves very early.

Scored some new 30mm wheels thanks to a friend, and my LBS. Went by Friday and picked up the extra pawls and springs to convert the rear hub to 108POE, new cartridge for my Drop Line dropper post, a new bottle of Orange Seal, and a restock on my favorite in ride sports drink.

Scored some new 30mm wheels thanks to a friend, and my LBS. Went by yesterday and picked up the extra pawls and springs to convert the rear hub to 108POE, new cartridge for my Drop Line dropper post, a new bottle of Orange Seal, and a restock on my favorite in ride sports drink.

Before

zpQg0FI.jpg

After

CUJV4Ry.jpg

So, I got out yesterday for a shakedown run with said new wheels. And HOLY CRAP! Wide rims are where it's at, I really dig the new wheels. Completely changed the feel of the bike too, just so much traction available. But, everything has it's limits, and I found 'em, and crashed in spectacular fashion for it. Strava says I hit 30mph just before the crash, all I know is, I slid a LONG ways and got lucky I didn't go off the side. It's going to be alright though, the wheels are fine. :D I feel like somebody hit my knee with a hammer this morning. Sad part is, I have some really nice Race Face Ambush knee pads that I wasn't wearing. DOH!

Hfj57s0.jpg

UBvQkaF.jpg

Eu9M965.jpg

TQLSXDn.jpg

I have to say a 50°temp swing is super rare here but it comes close, as you said, mainly in spring and fall.
So those little teeth are important? Lol! If you're gonna break, break big! :hehe:
Even for getting a lil banged up, the pics are still so beautiful!!! Thanks for putting them up!!:thumbs-up:

Yeah, those little teeth control your POE (points of engagement) in the rear hub. The more you have, the faster they engage and put power down vs slop at the cranks before the rear hub catches up.

I got out yesterday with a friend before the monsoon set in for two full runs down Kessel Run at Fire Mountain. I don't think I made the six parsec time, but we had fun anyway. Like a lot of the stuff out here, it's ALL up, and all down, and not much in between.

LlgfgQP.jpg

sZh4EKp.jpg

6bmDKcn.jpg

q1o6inH.jpg

mlLaz9H.png

Yeah, those little teeth control your POE (points of engagement) in the rear hub. The more you have, the faster they engage and put power down vs slop at the cranks before the rear hub catches up.

I got out yesterday with a friend before the monsoon set in for two full runs down Kessel Run at Fire Mountain. I don't think I made the six parsec time, but we had fun anyway. Like a lot of the stuff out here, it's ALL up, and all down, and not much in between.

View attachment 91837

View attachment 91838

View attachment 91839

View attachment 91840

View attachment 91841
So how many parsecs is the Kessel run? lol

An on top of that ,he was more worried about moving the police car ,then the person he hit!
The car should have stayed there so it can be documented ,he also cut into that corner an was in
the wrong lane as he was turning!

Unbelievable. He should absolutely be removed from the department and any tickets he ever wrote regarding someone's use of a cell phone while driving should be cancelled and refunds for fines should be issued.
Not knowing the legal outcome, I'm sure wondering how it would have gone if the biker didn't have that GoPro on his helmet.

Speaking of the outdoors... Watching this made be a bit nervous
Hey Woodie, heres a couple extreme rides for you:
(this is from 07)
This one, I've actually been on this trail, when i was maybe 13 or 14. Its actually a bit hidden in redwood forest outside Humboldt, CA:

Someone from another post linked me this thread, after mentioning my bikes, and mentioned listing them, so, here goes. They arent anything pricey, or outrageous, and, ATM, i only have pics of the Schwinn i have had since i was a teen, but, i have a Schwinn DR2 (that currently needs a new sprocket, i am just too cheap and lazy to fix it), a Schwinn Continental (that i have had forever it seems like, as it was my first "adult" bike, and one of only 4 bikes i have ever bought new), a DiamondBack Trace, and a Zongai mountain bike. The pic is the only one i have of my Continental, at least, the only one i can find. I typically don't take a lot of pics of anything.

Attachments

• KIMG0020.jpg
    KIMG0020.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 78
I got out for a MTB ride for the first time in months today. Weather looked ominous the whole day, but it never rained, and the trails were bone dry. It did keep the temps down though, which was nice. It was good to get out, it's been way too long.

u0XiSbD.jpg

jGZM0eZ.jpg

dZPjVj7.jpg

When we do get a little free time we’ve been enjoying some trail riding

Attachments

• CB65A92F-AD11-4182-8093-A7B89B02AA5A.jpeg
    CB65A92F-AD11-4182-8093-A7B89B02AA5A.jpeg
    686.8 KB · Views: 71
Back