The Great Outdoors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

Rode the new trails in Cherokee today. They're an ass kicker going up, steep as hell. Reminded me of VM I rode at Blankets Creek. But, since it's reservation land, and they answer to nobody, and can do whatever the hell they want, they have some cool stuff going on, and it's only going to get better. Like a one way jump line back down that is big enough to have consequences if you come up short, but everything can be rolled if you're not feeling it. I almost ate poop by coming up short and clipping the back tire once. My buddy did go down in a berm, trails aren't packed in yet. Damn fun stuff though!

48AFeRi.jpg

Il7zXZW.jpg

cvdYZXs.jpg

Keep in mind, only about 3 miles of that is climbing

Bv6eApc.png

Had our second MTBR GA group ride over the weekend. Great to meet some new folks, and ride with some familiar friends. And, other than the climb out of white tail, I don't think I held anyone back too bad on the SS. Funny thing too, I set 11 PRs on Strava Saturday LOL, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm already chomping at the bit for Coyote and Copperhead trails next time!

On to the pics

Confusion Corner

FpA4HGx.jpg

Taking a break, somewhere

qKp9LC5.jpg

Miles, and miles of rooty GA awesomeness!

6wixLrW.jpg

Justin's Raleigh

nLevmj7.jpg

Chaz's Santa Cruz

L10kNy1.jpg

Derrick's Pivot

gCVgBoG.jpg

My SStache

JEXBLXP.jpg

Short break before the aptly named Granny Climb out. I stopped for a break, and could see somebody in the distance. Turns out, it was my group, and I had stopped within sight of the trailhead back to the car. I would have sworn this was longer, and worse on my geared bike for some reason LOL.

piQ9fsj.jpg

Pretty area for sure!

Had some friends camping at Jackrabbit, so I went over yesterday for some muggy riding, and good food and beers afterwards. Shhhh, don't mention the beer, it's not allowed in the campground.
wink5.gif
I also dropped 5psi out of the fork, and added 1psi to the tires. Felt better to me.

S9Us4DO.jpg

bMMrjHr.png

That picture is really nice! It almost looks like the clouds were photoshopped! Beautiful!

So, now that I have my garage cleaned and organized I can actually work on the scooter in there. And it's pretty damn nice I tell ya. Got the new brake pads put on Friday evening, then proceeded to make a 100 mile loop consisting of about 80/20 pavement / FS gravel on Saturday. And I had a freaking blast. The fronts pads are amazing, the rears are as well, but a bit overkill for me. I'm going to lower my rear brake pedal a bit and see if that helps. Perhaps I've just become accustomed to worn brake pads.

Garage work

omTtPPx.jpg

xSwj3GW.jpg

Middle of nowhere, I filmed a how to wheelie video here :)

waImNZR.jpg

They need to trim things back, used to be a great view when I was younger. Used to come up here and watch the storms roll over the valley below.

eKY2jZ1.jpg

The falls at peepee's creek are really hard to make out with all the growth as well. Did a lot of fishing, and other things up here years ago.

gG5QjZO.jpg

Snack break by Nantahala Lake

ymVh5v7.jpg

Top of Tellico Gap

ZPZnE7d.jpg

Better shot

FaIfabT.jpg

It's good to be back in the moto saddle!

0kuJ9DC.png

Yeah! Thays Def more my speed! Bike looks great!
Lol! Glad you found the floor! Makes it so much easier to work on things that way!!!

Work has been really busy the past couple months and the weather has been crap too. I just started getting back out on the road bike last week, and I've barely ridden the MTB either. Figured yesterday was a good day to tackle a climb I haven't done. Weather was perfect, and it's good to be back in the saddle.

I9bAnQB.png

NswKckj.png

0FKLWRN.jpg

I've been off the bike for the most part lately with work and life getting in the way. But I finally got out today for a while. Ran into a friend, rode together for a bit, then split off. Saw some wildlife, enjoyed the views, and the perfect weather we're having right now. Leaves are falling rapidly here, yellow jackets all over foraging knowing cold weather is right around the corner. Still battling whatever sinus / cold crap I've had for what seems like forever, but dammit man was it good to get out. "thumbsup"

wjTwrBU.jpg

Pq5V2u0.jpg

0Z7bnXl.jpg

wArRbNR.jpg

Jrwx9s0.jpg

HTqxBMa.jpg

NHIGMgY.jpg

Always cool to see what current and wind can do over time

BEtcwAp.jpg

LH3YrHO.jpg

020JWNy.png

Well, I got out today for a ride at Jackrabbbit. The weather here is PERFECT, and it was good to be back on the SS too. Mid week rain and mild temps since made for hero dirt, temps were nice, and it was one of those days where you felt like if you just never got off your bike, all would be right with the world. I only stopped to take one picture, rare for me. Time to bump up my gearing too, I'm spinning out on the flats.

npuTWzB.jpg

BG7cGyj.png

The weather has been crazy here lately. Daytime temps into upper 80' and a day later raining and high just into 60. It's forecasted back into the the high 70's in a couple days. The leaves are changing and falling FAST! Do be careful! Those leaves will Def take the bike right out from under you! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of that area once the leaves start changing colors for sure so if you get a chance, Def post some!!!

Back