Thanks traxxas, NOT!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Non Crimen

RCNT Cyclist
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Right now i am very unhappy with traxxas. So i bought this slash 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. I am now purchasing my THIRD motor for it!!! I thought maybe it over heated, nope it was a nice 89.7F. I dont run it in grass. I'm just going to go big and get a castle creations motor and esc and be done with it.

Well thanks traxxas. I really appreciate it!

-Nick

Traxxas has a lifetime warranty on the electronics, if you have the receipt they will get you a new motor, i have never had any problems getting new electronics from them, are you dealing with the hobby shop you bought it from?

yes i am. I bought the truck used so The truck doesn't have a warrenty. But the motor i bought 5 days ago does.

i went through 3 speed controls on my stampde before i got one that didnt smoke and it only cost me shipping

While not a brushless system, my wife is stull using the original 12T brushed motor in my original Slash i bought 5 years ago. Not to finger point but you might want to be absolutely sure you have the right gearing hooked up before spending the big cash on a very expensive system just to find out it was a gearing issue. While I've heard people having some minor troubles I've never heard of things this bad from Traxxas. Good luck!!

Yeah. I'm running a 11t pinion and it's not over heating.

Maybe it's the speed control? That's pretty unusual the vxl system works great for me and lots of other people. I guess you had really bad luck with them. Hopefully your castle system won't fail like mine did (the sv2)

I have the Castle sct system, and it has been a nightmare to get the gearing right, dont get me wrong it never runs hot, but its been hard to get the speed out of the 2400 like they said i could, I'm now in the market for a 3800kv castle motor to try, i finally got the 2400 geared the way it needs to be but when everyone asks me about gearing and they find out what I'm running they say the motor wont last one race. Vilineon system has alway treated me right.

I have owned a few vxl systems and have only smoked one motor (operator error), always had good luck with the esc's too.

Problem solved. At the LHS they took care of it. they let me practice for free! It was awesome at the track!

slipper clutch was WAYYY too loose!

Back