Temporarily down and out.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You always have a sit at the table bud.. the dog might jump in it to keep it warm though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
The jeep looks so small compared to the wall😉😉
Opppssss wrong thread. Sorry I'm a as*hat

Sorry to hear man. What happened to the Challenger? 😳

Not real sure, I was driving back through the hood at night after taking my cousin home (We had a family get together on Sat and I had to give her a ride as she doesn't currently have one) and I stopped to get gas took off made it maybe a mile down the road and then it just died as I was slowing down for a red light and then wouldnt start and you know I forgot to bring my phone with me FML O__o. Gonna have it towed to Proxses Tuning where I got my procharger done and have them take a look at it. A mechanic I am not. I wish I knew as much about 1:1s as I do about electric RCs lol.

I managed to get internet to a laptop by temporarily hooking up an old modem but all of my networking gear is fried. My 8 port gigabit switch, my Asus AC1200 WiFi router, and the Ethernet port built in to the motherboard of my main PC are all toast. I have all new parts on order which should be here either today or tomorrow and a tech is supposed to coming out to replace my cable modem. Even though it cost me around $400 to replace all the networking equipment my home wifi network will be a lot nicer this time around because instead of using range extenders I'm buying whats called "Mesh Routers" which are like having a wifi router and range extenders but instead of having to force your phone manually to change access points when you move from say the basement to the back porch which is on the other side of the house the Mesh network will seamlessly transition your mobile device from access point to acess point. Plus I upgraded from an AC-1200 to an AC-1750 which is a fair amount faster as well.

It messed up my furnace and dryer as well but I was able to reset them and they started working again.

Just gonna take me a few days to iron out the internet/network situation and praying that there isnt something major wrong with my car. Until then doggies are welcome to sit in my seat!

Just got gas... car mysteriously just died. Sounds like water in your fuel tank to me bud.

Just got gas... car mysteriously just died. Sounds like water in your fuel tank to me bud.
I thought about that but I stopped at a high traffic flow Speedway right by a local college campus. Not that that makes it impossible but I wouldnt think that would be very likely? Its definitely suspicious though. Anyone know of a way to check for or treat bad gas?

I thought about that but I stopped at a high traffic flow Speedway right by a local college campus. Not that that makes it impossible but I wouldnt think that would be very likely? Its definitely suspicious though. Anyone know of a way to check for or treat bad gas?
There are treatments at the car parts stores that ~supposedly ~ remove water from gas lines…..but my guess is they work best……

with the car running……🤷🏻‍♂️

sorry man……nobody hurt? At least you have that, hopefully…..

The gas treatments are sh!t. I had a hopped up Mustang that ran great. I stopped at a Speedway (haha) and got gas. About an hour later the car died on me at speed while going around a curve at 60mph. Tried turning it over a few times and after a few minutes it finally started up and ran fine. Couple days later, same thing. I tried to figure it out by changing some of the electronic stuff, plugs, etc. Problem kinda went away and came back at random. Took it to a shop. They drove it back and forth to work for 3 days and couldn't get it to fail. Finally after a year of messing with it and the car mostly sitting because it kept stranding me everywhere, I got fed up and sold the car. The guy that bought it decided to try putting a new fuel pump in it. When he drained the tank it had almost 3 gallons of water in it.

So to answer your question, yes. A high traffic Speedway can have a LOT of water in their fuel.

The gas treatments are sh!t. I had a hopped up Mustang that ran great. I stopped at a Speedway (haha) and got gas. About an hour later the car died on me at speed while going around a curve at 60mph. Tried turning it over a few times and after a few minutes it finally started up and ran fine. Couple days later, same thing. I tried to figure it out by changing some of the electronic stuff, plugs, etc. Problem kinda went away and came back at random. Took it to a shop. They drove it back and forth to work for 3 days and couldn't get it to fail. Finally after a year of messing with it and the car mostly sitting because it kept stranding me everywhere, I got fed up and sold the car. The guy that bought it decided to try putting a new fuel pump in it. When he drained the tank it had almost 3 gallons of water in it.
Yeah, I can’t say from personal use about the gas treatment stuff. That is just bizarre about having that much water in your tank! So then…..to rule that out as a problem…..gotta drain the fuel tank?

High traffic flow is nothing when it comes to a tanker filling up the main tanks that have water in them or put in them by the refill..A close friend of mine died on sat while hammering 2 small pieces of wood together.Bummer he was 54(bad heart all of his family died b4 45..

High traffic flow is nothing when it comes to a tanker filling up the main tanks that have water in them or put in them by the refill..A close friend of mine died on sat while hammering 2 small pieces of wood together.Bummer he was 54(bad heart all of his family died b4 45..
Condolences

Yeah, about half of my high school graduating class of only 28 are already dead. I'm only 55.... You just never know

Yeah, I can’t say from personal use about the gas treatment stuff. That is just bizarre about having that much water in your tank! So then…..to rule that out as a problem…..gotta drain the fuel tank?
Yeah, that is the best way to get it all out.

I mean, it is not a given that is your problem. But probably the easiest thing to check.

Or fuel pump. I see that a lot, people will let their car run down almost to empty then go fill up with gas and the pump goes out.
Yeah, that was what we were thinking with mine too.

@Greywolf74 - have you tried starting the car since it died? You can turn the key to the "on" position and listen to the fuel pump kick on inside the tank to find out if the pump went out. With your car, that pump should vibrate the driver's seat when it kicks on 😜