Tekno MT410 January 2018 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jlolley

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Tekno MT410

Tekin RX8 ESC*
Poseidon 2200kv motor*
Evo P1 Brushless Servo
Terrain Crushed Wheels*
Traxxas Tqi rx/tx
46t Hardened Steel Spur*
17t Pinion
T Bone Front Bumper
Tekno Wheelie Bar
Cool Motor Print Chassis Guard

*Tekin RX8 Gen3 and T8 2000kv to install and compare. Do like the Poseidon so far
*Have Duratrax Lockup coming
*Must shim at top and bottom of diff for this mod.

Ran only on 6s. Unbelievable Truck...just what everyone says. This thing will practically turn in circles on the spot. Standing back flips with no effort and the Terrain Crushers on. Wheelie for days. Can't wait to take it somewhere besides my house to bash.

**FYI If you get one of these, don't install battery with wires near gears, this is bad.

Thank u Rich Duperbash for advice rebuild.

20180117_161446.jpg
20180114_142923.jpg
20180117_161433.jpg
20180116_193346.jpg
20180117_161638.jpg
20180117_161631.jpg
20180117_162454.jpg
20180114_142859.jpg

20180117_161707.jpg
20180117_161433.jpg

Redcat Earthquake Body
E Maxx basher body

Should be -thanks Rich on the build-. Damn u autocorrect

20180123_153809.jpg
20180123_153915.jpg
20180123_153922.jpg
20180123_155400.jpg
Becoming mine as well. Favorite RC

2000KV And new wheels installed. Completely different vehicle. Harder to control, but what seemed difficult becomes easy.

Actually broke a rear suspension arm. First rc I didn't buy those replacement parts to start with. Never needed others. Oh well fixed and flying. Think due to landing back flips on SRC Terrain Crushers. Awesome tires, no cushion. No prob with Lockup

The stuff breaks when abused. Tekno holds up pretty decent overall. The suspension arms were my first replacement. They never broke but I stretched out the pin hole. The diffs and shocks hold up well on it. The drive shafts are a little stronger than Arrma. But that means harder to streighten out. I like how the truck performs. It’s fairly light also. I get no heat issues with fast setups.

Last edited:
The MT410 has become an instant classic. We'll be talking about this truck for the next 10 years.
20180222_163053.jpg
20180222_163505.jpg

61655A16-0B0A-469E-BC97-D16CB47F74EC.jpeg
1B9897E2-3681-4D28-8926-8AD5B8066892.jpeg
I added the M2C center brace to my 410 and also made the front and rear stronger with some braces. There is a guy out there that makes an aluminum steering plate but he’s hard to track down. My method here seems to work. That blue rod is an old driveshaft out of a Slash. Inside it is 5mm threaded rod and the end links are Tekno.

I really like the tekno mt410, I have been looking for a used one for sale but I can't find one anywhere. I want the instant gratification of buying one already built . If anyone knows where I can find one please drop me a line. If I can't find one I'm going to have to build up one myself, I really want one ! These are the sh*t. The area's are right there with them though, I certainly didn't intend to knock them. Just saying. I just have a soft spot for the tekno mt410 and I need to find one fast!

There is a sweet ET48 on E-Bay with no reserve. It has some nice gear on it. You could swap in a mt410 chassis and drive shaft. Add some body posts for a truck body.

That is nice. (The truck on ebay. I have over $1000 in mine. They are not cheap with top quality Electronics. Even with the tower dicount.

That white ET.48 on E-bay could be a great purchase. Especially if it can be had for way under what we have in new mt410’s. It’s probably very easy to change it to a mt410. Or...maybe just add a truck body to the long chassis. That would be sweet also.

Ok, I'm going to check that out. It's on eBay? And the changes necessary to make it the mt410 would cost me roughly how much?

A chassis pan and a Proline body is about $65 dollars. Then you need a rear driveshaft and the one brace in the rear. Maybe another $20. Going used will definitely save some bucks but it also needs to be in good shape for a good price. Building a Tekno kit is also a great experience. You may not want to miss out on that. They are not super cheap rc’s....well worth the extra bucks compared to other RC’s. They are not bulletproof but they are very well made parts. The diffs, shocks, grade of aluminum and plastics is very good.

Last edited:
I have heard nothing but good things from everyone who speaks of them and the performance that I have seem (granted, only on YouTube videos) is second to none. I would like to experience the build ,but I'm really strapped for time and I have never been very patient either. But on the other hand I do have other rc's to use while I'm building the tekno so I wouldn't be without completely. I'm leaning towards building one, and I think your words of encouragement may have pushed me over the edge. I appreciate your help. Thank you .

Build took me 11 hours over 2 days (late nite and early morning). You tube vid to follow along. Vid is much less time. Have time lapse vids as well.

I have heard nothing but good things from everyone who speaks of them and the performance that I have seem (granted, only on YouTube videos) is second to none. I would like to experience the build ,but I'm really strapped for time and I have never been very patient either. But on the other hand I do have other rc's to use while I'm building the tekno so I wouldn't be without completely. I'm leaning towards building one, and I think your words of encouragement may have pushed me over the edge. I appreciate your help. Thank you .
If you enjoy comparing rc’s And you like to have nice ones. You will probably enjoy building a 410. It took me a while to build mine...I did a few steps every evening. No rush at all. I enjoyed it very much.

Back