Tekno ET410 Truggy Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Register Log in

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
RC Driving Style
Bashing

After teasing us for a while with compatible parts and track side pictures – the Tekno ET4101/10th scale 4WD truggy kit is finally available for pre-order! Tekno is well known in the racing community, but their proven record for durability has started to get bashers interested as well and the ET410 is no exception.

Based off the popular EB410 4WD buggy, the new Tekno ET410 features new shock towers, shocks, body mounts, and new suspension arms. In addition the ET410 Truggy uses 1/10th AE offset stadium truck or traxxas slash short course offset wheels.
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
Trying to squeeze 1/8 scale ESC in the chassis...:naughty:

The Hobbywing EZRun WP-SC8 fits. Heck, I think I have room for a 550 sized motor should the need arise. The 540 sized Speed Passion motor has a weird way of soldering motor wires on and makes it the same length as a 550 motor almost.

Now comes the fun part of finding the best place to attach/mount the receiver and routing the wires

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
Been kinda busy doing other things, and forgot about posting up some shots of my finished lil' monster.

Yeah, I know the stock plastic servo horn will probably crap out on me in short notice.

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
I was going to test everything with stock parts. After reading about turf guys having bulkhead issues, my main concern is the front bulkhead snapping. I thought I'd just go ahead and add some extra insurance. I had Trinity's camber plate bulkhead saver laying around; staring at me...on she went. Why wait to put it on? Right?

Exotek Racing makes a camber plate bulkhead saver as well. I just think Trinity hit it out of the park with their bulkhead saver plate. The chamfered silver edging/black anodizing is right up my alley.

I had to come up with an alternative mounting spot for the receiver since the BIG ol' WP-SC8 won't go on a weight loss program. I don't know how the Futaba FASST compatible receiver will hold up. I just could not bring myself to buy the $79 R603FF receivers each time I want to use my trusty 3PM radio to control another RC.

I went ahead and put on an aluminum servo horn, because the more I thought about it, I didn't want to hear, "I told ya so." :naughty:

Attachments

Last edited:

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
I forgot to post finished product.

I'll admit, I absolutely hate painting RC car bodies. Prepping, masking, spraying, cutting, spraying, cleaning, spraying, cleaning...it's all tedious work to me, and I'm just not that good at it. Simple designs is all I'm good for :woot:. JConcepts Finnisher body was used instead of the stock Tekno body. I was just not feeling it.

It took awhile to have a perfect warm enough day. Anyways...

Attachments

Last edited:

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
When the ET410 was being talked about in pre-release terms, people were going back and forth between the terms 4wd stadium truck, and 1/10 scale truggy. I planned on running the ET410 with your standard ST wheels, and tires. Somewhere between then, and now I got into a predicament/panic that I would not be able to find real off-road ST tires in the near future...you know, the big knobby type. That lead to me using some short course tires on my T4 stadium truck. That look you get from using narrower SCT tires on a 1/10 stadium truck really caught my eye, and resembled a mini 1/8 scale truggy. I liked that mini truggy look so much, I knew I had to run the ET410 "truggy" with SCT wheels and tires to truly get that winged truggy vibe.

During my outings with the ET410, I have concluded that the truggy is just as tough, or tougher, than my stadium/short course trucks. Landing awkwardly on each corner of the RC, I thought for sure I'd be looking at a bent hinge pin, or two. So far, so good :thumbs-up:! I'll give it a couple months for final verdict on the platform.

My only complaints about the Tekno RC 1/10 scale truggy is the rear springs not being long enough (for my liking), and wing material.

HeavyBag

RCNT Basher
LOL. Wing? What wing? I got tired of trying to fix a lost cause. Maybe the lexan wings, that come with ET410 bodies, will last on a smooth astro, or carpet track. But, on a rough off-road "dirt" track...FORGET IT! Run without a wing? I can't do it. Too stupid looking IMO. The ET410 is a truggy. #GottaHaveWing

SWorkz to the rescue...

It's thick, and very flexible! It's the wing that Tekno RC should have included with the ET410 kit in the first place. Oh well. The SWorkz wing should last a very long time. I don't foresee it ever tearing.