Team Associated getting ready to release 2 new RTRs.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I like the Dakar body. Watched the vid to get a closer look. In action the SWB Dakar doesn't look as chubby as in still image. Both are a break from what AE usually fields, so may find a favorable market. 'AC'

They are kinda fugly.. I'm weary of buying AE stuff, especially lower end. They seem to discontinue and move on rather quickly with models.. I'm the type that doesn't sell anything so, not being able to get parts in say 5 years is a "no go" for me. 🤷‍♂️
That may be one of TRX's best attributes.. they make $hit forever,LOL.

It's because they don't want to pay licensing on the body syles.
Yeah, that's a common theme in the rc world.. looks like, but not exactly. Makes sense though.. Losi and others make some beautiful rigs with the licensed bodies, but I'll settle for "looks like" if it gets me more bang for my buck.
An rc body is an easy swap anyways.
The retro-boxy sct doesn't look too bad, the other thing, well I haven't had enough beers to like that.. yet!!😉😆😂

They are kinda fugly.. I'm weary of buying AE stuff, especially lower end. They seem to discontinue and move on rather quickly with models.. I'm the type that doesn't sell anything so, not being able to get parts in say 5 years is a "no go" for me. 🤷‍♂️
That may be one of TRX's best attributes.. they make $hit forever,LOL.
Yes, I can barely stand to look at them.

The new "5 series RTRs" ProSC10 platform have been out since 2018 already. The new little trucks with short wheelbase are just following in the "5 series RTRs" footsteps on the RB10 and SR10 chassis. Team Associated lost me by not putting out a normal kit when doing all the Pro2/ProSC10/DB10/Trophy Rat/DR10/SR10 varieties. Adding two more ways to dress up a buggy chassis... who knows if AE has a hit on their hands, or not?

I say, not 😆.

Team Associated is just grasping' for some of that RTR money that people seem like spreading around. 🤷‍♂️ I get it. I just have a hard time believing this is the same Associated that I grew up with.

Last edited:
I just have a hard time believing this is the same Associated that I grew up with.
It's not, at least IMO. Oh the glory days.. when Associated and Losi were US made, owned and operated.. I know they both still make competitive racers but, for some reason I just don't see them as what they once were..
Honestly, I haven't had an Associated since I was a teen in the 80's, Losi in the 90's..
We do have a nice selection to choose from today, actually even more so I think than back then.. I guess I had more pride in knowing where they were made, IDK.

It's not, at least IMO. Oh the glory days.. when Associated and Losi were US made, owned and operated.. I know they both still make competitive racers but, for some reason I just don't see them as what they once were..
Honestly, I haven't had an Associated since I was a teen in the 80's, Losi in the 90's..
We do have a nice selection to choose from today, actually even more so I think than back then.. I guess I had more pride in knowing where they were made, IDK.
I have my B74.1. there rice kits are pretty nice. Just about up to par with other race brands like TLR, xray, Yokomo. Not really comparable to Schumacher as Schumacher still uses old belt drive systems in there 4wd buggy.

I had an RC10 B2, B3, and now have a B4. They were the cars to have back in their day. And they didn't have RTR back then. You had to build it all. I will say the DR10 chassis isn't too shabby for a RTR. I've seen far worse. But I sgree with the others above... these new offerings are just terrible to look at. Kinda like that Losi Razor Rey or whatever that ugly thing is they just came out with.

I wish kits were still the norm.. I really enjoy building them out. If it's wrong or stripped, I only have myself to blame.
The only kits nowadays are either uber expensive "race" or far too fragile Tamiyas. No disrespect to either but, I wanna build my 6s, 8s basher or whatever.. okay, I'm over it.. thanks for listening. 😁😆

I wish kits were still the norm.. I really enjoy building them out. If it's wrong or stripped, I only have myself to blame.
The only kits nowadays are either uber expensive "race" or far too fragile Tamiyas. No disrespect to either but, I wanna build my 6s, 8s basher or whatever.. okay, I'm over it.. thanks for listening. 😁😆
Yeah, I totally agree. Even the Kraton EXB for example comes mostly finished as far as I know. Axial has some killer kits though. And you can still get the Kyosho Legendary series kits. The Tamiya kits I have put together remind me of building a Walmart toy, unless you buy one of their Bruiser's or their really high end stuff, which is so overpriced I am surprised whenever I see someone has actually bought one. It's the world we live in though. There are still some cool kits out there though. Just not like there used to be.

Yeah, I totally agree. Even the Kraton EXB for example comes mostly finished as far as I know. Axial has some killer kits though. And you can still get the Kyosho Legendary series kits. The Tamiya kits I have put together remind me of building a Walmart toy, unless you buy one of their Bruiser's or their really high end stuff, which is so overpriced I am surprised whenever I see someone has actually bought one. It's the world we live in though. There are still some cool kits out there though. Just not like there used to be.
I have a K6EXB and Mojo EXB. Great rigs IMO, would've preferred kits though. Sign of the times I guess..

Hear ya. Last two of three kits I've bought have been sliders off Ebay. Not a complete kit build but close.

Not sure what market RTR's are trying to capture these days. Lots of releases, but as you say generally uber expensive for what you get. 'AC'

I didn’t know they had a stability control. I guess everyone is having one in their rtrs now
I find that Associated vehicles are near real hard to get upgrades for them.

Team Associated is just grasping' for some of that RTR money that people seem like spreading around. 🤷‍♂️ I get it. I just have a hard time believing this is the same Associated that I grew up with.

Agreed.

That's why I buy and rebuild the vintage stuff. I have an RC18T, but otherwise my newest associated are blue tub GTs.

SCTs and derivatives thereof really do nothing for me. Ugly and clumsy things.

I wish Associated would come out with a competitor for the Hyper 10TT in both electric and nitro. I love my nitro STs, but almost nowhere fun to run them, with most outdoor tracks being big & rough for 1/8 & larger, and 2WD STs just generally not well suiting to playing in fields. I still have a 10GT blue chassis that I had started trying to make such a beast from with some B44 steering parts, HPI diffs, etc. Never did get around to finishing that. Maybe one day.

They go to all the trouble of making/showing off a "Factory Team" blinged out RB10...
1685205709630.png

but why? You could do to any Pro2/ProSC10/DB10/Trophy Rat/DR10/SR10/LT10SW/DK10SW like shown above. It would cost so much more after buying a RTR... who wants to do that? Pssst. Hey, RustyUs... people do it all the time 😆 :doh:.

I'll just sit back and watch others play with these new Associated RCs.

1685206470160.png
1685206730116.png

When I first saw the photos, I thought, what for re-branded Wal-Mart/Wltoys stuff is Team Associated throwing to the public now. Thank goodness they are on RB10 chassis.

Back