Tamiya TT-01/02 Kits? Should I Buy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sketchy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So, first off I'm new here. I have an old nitro kit I am playing with and having fun. But things are heading toward wanting to join a club. To race and have some fun with while the lady's at work.

Now, the club very local to me only races electrics. 1/12th and 1/10th touring cars. Which is fine by me, as I am a touring/rally car kind of guy.

But, I am up in arms whether to actually go for it. I have been reading quite a bit on how sought after the TT-01 and TT-02 kits are. But, how customisable are they? Are there plenty of parts for them? Motors, Shocks, Shells etc...?

Thing is I am looking for a kit that can be competitive, yet adhere to my tastes in customisation.

Let me iterate, I am new to this modern world of r/c. The last one I had was more than 15 years ago.

Thanks.

They're okay, but there are better choices out there for less money. I use a TC4 Club Racer from Associated for my VTA car (http://www.amain.com/product_info.p...Racer-Electric-1-10-Touring-Car-Kit-Pre-Built ($149.99 for a roller)). It has lots of upgrades available.

Most of the 1/10 Touring cars are either 190mm or 200mm and can use the same shells.

I don't do the 1/10 touring car but VTA and they use different motors (25.5t Novack brushless.) I know that a lot of the guys use a Tekin ESC but am not really sure how many turns on the motor. The guys at the track where you race can give you a better idea on what set ups work best there.

Thanks, they have a club night tonight. So I might go and stick my nose in :)

i had a tt-01 i got back in 2003. It came with a 350z body and the body was the best thing about it. I say get a more race ready rc that comes with some nice metal parts. I know its no the sc10.2 are big and all the AE kits seam to offer a lot of metal parts and the slipper is so much better.

Have you considered the new Spec-R S2 sedan. These are great cars and retail for just under $120 brand new with FREE shipping from TQ RC Racing.