T Maxx pico .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbjones16

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi

I am new to RC my pico .21 has been run in as I bought it in my T Maxx. I have setup up my idle needle as I was hard to start up my truck. However I need help all of the servos have started to twitch not been near water. Also when I start the truck and touch the throttle the wheels do not turn it just sits stationary. When it iforst got the the truck the wheels drove no problem. Since the rebuild nothing. Also there is fuel coming from exhaust on idle what do I need to Change? When the truck is off I can turn the wheels and the drive shafts all move as expected. I think it could be a servo setup but I am new to this and am not sure. Can anyone help me ??

cheers
Mark

check clutch and shoes along with bell.. do you have reverse on that maxx?. if so then see if you can pull of that servo horn and see if its going in gear....my guess is clutch shoes worn..I'm not a nitro guy so i could be wrong ..lol

check clutch and shoes along with bell.. do you have reverse on that maxx?. if so then see if you can pull of that servo horn and see if its going in gear....my guess is clutch shoes worn..I'm not a nitro guy so i could be wrong ..lol
Hi thank you for your reply. Yes it has reverse. Everything was working just dirty hence taking to bits and rebuilding. Just weird how it just started but was fine before

pull the rev actuator arm off now put it in fwd see if that is issue.also check the supply voltage that might also be it

Thank you. Is the fuel coming out the exhaust a rich tune on low speed or high speed needle

Just a thought

could the twitching servos be downto the batteries in the 4 cell being flat and needing replaced.
As for the wheels not turning I really feel this could be down to servo settings

E5D612BE-1304-4F7E-A1FE-BF6F6C21BBC7.jpeg
D47CE0D2-DB31-48A4-9464-E09C3634F93F.jpeg

When I press the throttle the post jumps round and the linkage jams in the gear.

Videos won’t upload. I can turn the wheels and the both driveshafts turn.
the gears are all meshed together and the gear on the motor turns the gear on the transmission. Also the clutch bell turns bit no movement on wheels. This is doing my head in now, truck won’t even start now ?

That stuff is a mess!
I don't even see your antenna ,any fraid wires will cause twitching ,also if the antenna is too close
to any moving metal parts like the clutch bell!
At this point ,you should upgrade the radio system to a 2.4 system!....:cool:

That stuff is a mess!
I don't even see your antenna ,any fraid wires will cause twitching ,also if the antenna is too close
to any moving metal parts like the clutch bell!
At this point ,you should upgrade the radio system to a 2.4 system!....:cool:
Hi thank you for your reply.
I should have said my antenna only broke tonight I have a new one to fit tomorrow.
Do the servos look like they are needing set ? And that throttle linkage keeps jumping against the gear when the throttle is pressed.

Hi thank you for your reply.
I should have said my antenna only broke tonight I have a new one to fit tomorrow.
Do the servos look like they are needing set ? And that throttle linkage keeps jumping against the gear when the throttle is pressed.

The old AM radio's isn't that bad ,you just have to pay attention to where you have the antenna wire away
from any working moving parts ,an make sure that you eliminate any metal to metal contact!

With servo's ,make sure that you fix any fraid wires on them ,an try to route them in a tidy manor ,an secure
them away from things that can chew them up!

The old AM radio's isn't that bad ,you just have to pay attention to where you have the antenna wire away
from any working moving parts ,an make sure that you eliminate any metal to metal contact!

With servo's ,make sure that you fix any fraid wires on them ,an try to route them in a tidy manor ,an secure
them away from things that can chew them up!
Yeah I now have fixed the antenna and moved the throttle servo, I retuned the idle.
the truck now starts, but when I rev it, it just dies. Fuel is coming from exhaust and going on tyre and dripping underneath. So I think it’s mega rich,

does this sound like the high or low speed needle or both ?

You have the throttle linkage setup wrong. I can't remember if that pivot on top of the post is the same on the top/bottom, but I think either the pivot piece is upside down, or you at least have the rod going from the pivot to the carb way too short. The post should also be bolted to the chassis from underneath, I'm assuming yours is, just mentioning it in case it's not.

I'm not finding a better photo than this, but this is what it should look like when at idle:
5109linkage.jpg

Even this one I'd think should have that short rod lengthened a bit, so you get more throw when the rod is more parallel to the carb slide/barrel:
IMG_1874.JPG

Yeah I now have fixed the antenna and moved the throttle servo, I retuned the idle.
the truck now starts, but when I rev it, it just dies. Fuel is coming from exhaust and going on tyre and dripping underneath. So I think it’s mega rich,

does this sound like the high or low speed needle or both ?

There is a lot of people out there that doesn't realize ,that an engine has to be tuned after break in period ,I had
gotten several engines & RC's used that way because they failed to lean & tune the engine!

Tuning & leaning an engine is very important ,it running too rich will only be harder on it ,it will foul plugs an
it will only cause massive leakage out of the seals ,an will also run sluggish an not allow the truck to shift into
second gear ,also harder on the starter an O-way bearing!

You should lean the Hsn in a little to start with ,there should be a tuning guide in the engine section!