Suspension upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Discovered this when I took the Clutch Bell and shoes off. Would it be possible to lightly sand of grind that down? for some reason the shoes have a bump of some sort and that has ground against the Clutch Bell.
IMG_0347.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG

Discovered this when I took the Clutch Bell and shoes off. Would it be possible to lightly sand of grind that down? for some reason the shoes have a bump of some sort and that has ground against the Clutch Bell.
View attachment 154543View attachment 154544

Yes ,that is normal just as it is normal for people to lick the inside of that bell with some Emery cloth!.. :thumbs-up: :cool:

Just got my engine, after the first was lost in transit by DHL. Got some more questions about the engine.

1st. Is the Air filter, is there any material I can use that does not require oil? Would Amain hobbies have what I am looking for? as far as oils and filters.

2nd. The Morgon Fuels 'Sidewinder' fuel caught my eye and was wondering if that might be something that would be alright to use. I was using O'Donnell fuel but did not know about the Nitro to Oil percentage mixture.

1st. Is the Air filter, is there any material I can use that does not require oil? Would Amain hobbies have what I am looking for? as far as oils and filters.
I'm not aware of any that dont use oil

2nd. The Morgon Fuels 'Sidewinder' fuel caught my eye and was wondering if that might be something that would be alright to use. I was using O'Donnell fuel but did not know about the Nitro to Oil percentage mixture.
Nothing wrong with Odonnell's, Thats what I use. 30% nitro and 8% oil. Good stuff.

Sidewinder is 12% oil IIRC so it should be fine also. Anything between 20-30% nitro and 8-12% oil is good fuel.

Found out some more greats news.

It seems that there's a major difference in the size of the crankshaft compared to my previous engine. it is also harder to pull to start. I managed to find a kit on amazon so hopefully those parts would fit better?

Also the air filter nozzle seems to be larger on the vx-18 so I found this and wanted to ask if anyone thought it could be compatible.
IMG_1089.JPG

What should I do about the camshaft problem? Do you think that kit on amazon would fit it?

Most 12 to 18 size engines are considered small block an most of those parts you have
shown interchange with each other as far as clutches & those filters ,clutch pilot shafts
may vary in size for different applications ,I've never owned a VX 18 so I am not a 100% sure!
I own small blocks from 12 to 18 sizes an I am able to use different pilot shafts & clutch shoes ,
bells from each other with out issues!
I dont run my small blocks anymore because I have 1/8 scale stuff that I run with big block size
engines ,some big block clutch assembly's will work on small block stuff too!..:cool:

Most 12 to 18 size engines are considered small block an most of those parts you have
shown interchange with each other as far as clutches & those filters ,clutch pilot shafts
may vary in size for different applications ,I've never owned a VX 18 so I am not a 100% sure!
I own small blocks from 12 to 18 sizes an I am able to use different pilot shafts & clutch shoes ,
bells from each other with out issues!
I dont run my small blocks anymore because I have 1/8 scale stuff that I run with big block size
engines ,some big block clutch assembly's will work on small block stuff too!..:cool:
I did try the ones I had before hand but I understand and thanks.

Got some small rods that are holding the control arms up. They came from the factory with oil. I know this may sound stupid but I know some parts don't need oil if I do indeed some to do the same would it be ok to use some of the Prather oil?