Suspension upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infernoprime

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to identify what body type I would have for an off brand monster truck? So I would know what type of parts to get.

Post a pic of your truck. There is no way we would know without seeing it.

Is there anyway to identify what body type I would have for an off brand monster truck? So I would know what type of parts to get.
Not sure I understand your question exactly. Lets start with a pic of the truck along with the make and model and go from there

Here you are gentlemen

IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG

PS I can't tell you how happy I am on this forum everyone is so friendly and willing to lend advice its great!

Looks like it might be an Acme 1/10 Conquistador. I may be wrong. Are you trying to find a body other than what it came with, or are you trying to find a replacement of the same type?

Looks like it might be an Acme 1/10 Conquistador. I may be wrong. Are you trying to find a body other than what it came with, or are you trying to find a replacement of the same type?
Well, I was hoping it was possible to change over to some metal parts bit by bit starting with suspension. Unless the body type is just not that common and parts just can't be found for it.

Not sure what you are referring to about "body type"?

It's clean what ever it is, I don't recognize it.

Sounds like you just want to upgrade chassis parts. Look this over good and see if it is what you have. If so hit the resource tab under the photos and it will show you a complete parts list. At the bottom of the list are optional aluminum parts.
Acme Racing Conquistador <<<<click link.

Sounds like you just want to upgrade chassis parts. Look this over good and see if it is what you have. If so hit the resource tab under the photos and it will show you a complete parts list. At the bottom of the list are optional aluminum parts.
Good ID Doom! That does seem to be an Acme Conquistador. Not sure how much after market support is out there for it but shouldnt be hard to find out now that you know what the kit is :)

Thanks I really appreciate everyone who helped me on this topic. On a side note I had a piston wrist pin pad break. Would anyone know if they are model specific?

Thanks I really appreciate everyone who helped me on this topic. On a side note I had a piston wrist pin pad break. Would anyone know if they are model specific?
I know what a piston wrist pin is but I'm not sure what a wrist pin pad is. Someone wanna give me the 411?

As to your question, alot of RC parts, nitro engines included, are not directly compatible with each other. Most things are fairly model specific. Not to say you couldnt find one that might work from a different model but youd have to tell us what engine it is and hope that someone in here has that engine and one like it that can compare parts etc. You can also try googleing it and see if you can find any links or articles where someone else was looking for the same thing.

I know what a piston wrist pin is but I'm not sure what a wrist pin pad is. Someone wanna give me the 411?

As to your question, alot of RC parts, nitro engines included, are not directly compatible with each other. Most things are fairly model specific. Not to say you couldnt find one that might work from a different model but youd have to tell us what engine it is and hope that someone in here has that engine and one like it that can compare parts etc. You can also try googleing it and see if you can find any links or articles where someone else was looking for the same thing.
As far as I am aware it is a white plastic piece that fits into the end of the wrist pin that connects the connecting rod to the piston. It looks like they already come together. Would I be able to just buy another one for a .15?

Last edited:
Picture time!
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

As you can see the Wrist pin pad is the broken white plastic piece (Left) was inside the hole on the wrist pin (Right) holding the connecting rod to the piston. I believe the pad and pin came together as one piece.

Picture time!
View attachment 153938View attachment 153939

As you can see the Wrist pin pad is the broken white plastic piece (Left) was inside the hole on the wrist pin (Right) holding the connecting rod to the piston. I believe the pad and pin came together as one piece.

Most engines have little wire e-clips that hold the wrist pin in ,this is the first that I've seen
on a car or buggy engine other than the old Cox engines!..🤔

You can inspect the piston with a magnified eye glass an see if there is some grooved
area just on the inside of the hole on the piston to see if there is a groove spot that
will capture a e-clip ,if not ,then there is nothing you can do other than purchase
another engine!..:cool:

Ok so if I have to find a new engine I have some questions related to that.

1. What brands should I look out for?

2. Would my existing flywheel and such work with the new engine?

3. Would it also be able to fit on my engine mounts?

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I will post again if I do.

Ok so if I have to find a new engine I have some questions related to that.

1. What brands should I look out for?

2. Would my existing flywheel and such work with the new engine?

3. Would it also be able to fit on my engine mounts?

I can't think of anything else at the moment but I will post again if I do.
1) Brand kinda depends on your budget. Cheaper budget brands would be HoBao, SH, LRP, or Dynamite come to mind. More expensive stuff O.S., Werks, REDs, and Tekno come to mind.

2) As long as the motor shaft is the same diameter it should work.

3) As long as its the same block size. .21 engine come in small and big block sizes. Smaller than .21 is generally going to be a small block and bigger than .21 is generally a big block up to at least .32 size. Not sure past .32 where the block size changes.

Someone feel free to correct me on 2 or 3 but I'm 95% sure that info is correct.

Looks fantastic love it.

1. When is a good time to take apart the engine for a good thorough cleaning.

2. I use Prather oil it what was recommended is that alright?

3. Should I store my engine in a plastic bad for winter time after applying oil in carb and glow plug area

4. I wonder what kinda speed I could get.