Super glue and bailing wire....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farm boy 530

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Rolled my buggy and lost radio control. Turns out I smashed the on off switch on the receiver... :angry: Luckily all the parts were there. After a quick rebuild on the switch and some super glue on the broken switch box I should be back up and running.... Whats next, bailing wire??? :hehe:

Turns out it needs a touch of solder too, just haven't gotten to it yet... I'd love to find a way to cover the switch cause I could see this happening again! Any ideas? something that could bolt onto the receiver lid screws?

Just wait until Macguyver sees this thread, he will tell you how to do it.

If all else fails snip the on/off wire to a stub and solder - to + to make it directly plug n play.

not a bad idea really, but my receiver box is kinda a pain to open and jam all the wire back in to close it up. Couldn't imagine doing that every time..... I'm hopping I got this switch working again!

Chewing gum is for Chevys.....

reminds me of one particular bashing session, I go out all excited to run the tmaxx, go out to my spot (20 min drive) fired it up and then realized I forgot the body clips at home! I found a rag ripped, it into strips and then tied the body onto the truck. Bailing wire would have been quicker .... lol

It sounds great to be the only broke silly looking bastard on the road. I don't race but its always all iin the "game"!! You have to look good!