Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well upon further trial i decided that the twin motor setup isn't right for me, the twin motor setup just kills the batteries way to fast for my liking, so i changed back to a single motor setup but i am using a single kershaw 700, i'll post my results later when i get a chance to actually run my summmit, i'm currently waiting for my new wheels and tires to get here, i'm tired of getting water in my foams and weighing my truck down so much so i went with a set of true beadlock axial wheels and proline masher tires

Just my input I would suggest the Dewalt 14.4 drill motor with a couple of cheap LVA's if you plan on running Lipo, Stock ESC will be great. I tried the dual Traxxas Velineon set up and it went bad, with fans on the ESC's and motors they still overheated and one ESC melted down. and for low speed it is really not good clogs bad you will not be able to climb/crawl much. The 77 will not hold up long on Lipo. The Dewalt is re build able. But the Diff’s will not last on brushless power the Summit is not intended to travel fast.

The kershaw 700 is also a good choice. As said above 2 motors is just going to shorten your run time.

after hearing what you guys have had to say I am probly going to go with the kershaw 700 motor. tp try it out... Now does that kershaw motor mount right up with the same 775 mount????

after hearing what you guys have had to say I am probly going to go with the kershaw 700 motor. tp try it out... Now does that kershaw motor mount right up with the same 775 mount????

same mount. . pull the 775 off ur truck, unbolt the mount from said 775, bolt the mount to the 700, re-install on to the truck, bash

glad to hear it worked out well.. I am running the 14.4v Dewalt Drill motor on mine.. Love it.. more torque than one needs *L*

I have had great luck with the 775 motors, however, the titan 550's did not last me very long. :hehe:

I never heard of having to use different batteries for your break in. I always just unbolt the motor from the truck and leave everything else in the rig and break the motor in distilled water that way. It also allows me to start the motor off slow and increase the speed every 5 to 10 minutes. I have had outstanding results using this method I had two brushed slashes and I broke one in using the throttle trim all the way up the whole time. and then one starting the throttle trim just a slight turn and then increasing it over time till the throttle trim was completely up and then every so often actually pulling the trigger to get the throttle to the max for a few seconds. And also turning the trim back down to zero and going in reverse for a little bit at a varied speed. That second motor out performed the first one by far. And I also raced a buddy who didnt break his in and man he was left at the starting line by a half mile lol. But I would like to know why you guys use doubld d's or any kind of other battery than the nimh that comes with the rig

I never heard of having to use different batteries for your break in. I always just unbolt the motor from the truck and leave everything else in the rig and break the motor in distilled water that way. It also allows me to start the motor off slow and increase the speed every 5 to 10 minutes. I have had outstanding results using this method I had two brushed slashes and I broke one in using the throttle trim all the way up the whole time. and then one starting the throttle trim just a slight turn and then increasing it over time till the throttle trim was completely up and then every so often actually pulling the trigger to get the throttle to the max for a few seconds. And also turning the trim back down to zero and going in reverse for a little bit at a varied speed. That second motor out performed the first one by far. And I also raced a buddy who didnt break his in and man he was left at the starting line by a half mile lol. But I would like to know why you guys use doubld d's or any kind of other battery than the nimh that comes with the rig

I did exactly what kershaw told me to do and have had no issues at all

ok so i got my new system installed but now i need to figure out how to break the motors in, it says to use 3.6-4.8 volts of power for an hour under water, but how am i going to get that voltage. Dismantle an old Nimh pack and remove some cells (basicly making a 3 or 4 cell battery) just buy some cheap Dcell batteries and solder them together. Pleas help me i'm soo confused

You can get one of those plastic RX packs that hold four AA's. that's 4.8V. Thats probably the easiest way I could think of. Might have to use quite as few AAs to make it run for an hour. If you have a friend that has a modded PC power supply for running Lipo chargers you can use the 5V or the 3.3V rails also.