Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revo_rob_1984

OverMedicated
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What would be a better power upgrade for my summit. . .a vtwin velinion setup or a kershaw designs twin 700H.O. brushed set up?

Definatly brushless, I hear the vtwin setup is nice

A buddy is running the mamba monster on his, it's rediculous fast. They fallowed it in the truck at 60mph and it pulled a wheelie and took off, they don't know how fast it will go. there wasn't enough road where they tested it.

I'm not looking for more speed. . .i'm looking for more efficient power and torque. . .i could care less if my summit does 30 but i want more torque

Last edited:
By design a bruhless will be more efficient than a brushed set-up. For more torque, look at motors with a lower kV rating.

I use 35-45-55t motors in the crawlers/scalers I've had and it delivered the torque for sure but no speed really, I would stay brushed unless you pick up a lower kv rated sensored brushless setup.

I got the kershaw twin 700 H.O. kit

please post some pictures of the install
and if you could post a video of how it runs that would be great
i wanted to change mine out but would like to see how it runs before i do
thanks!

absolutely, i'm gonna tear into it this weekend

I will try to post a video of my 775's, then you can compare the two. Too bad we can't just race. :hehe:

i'm gearing mine way down anywayz for more torque, its gonna be slower than stock but WAYYYYYYY torquer

ok so i got my new system installed but now i need to figure out how to break the motors in, it says to use 3.6-4.8 volts of power for an hour under water, but how am i going to get that voltage. Dismantle an old Nimh pack and remove some cells (basicly making a 3 or 4 cell battery) just buy some cheap Dcell batteries and solder them together. Pleas help me i'm soo confused

****UPDATE******

The kershaw designs Twin revolver 700H.O. upgrade is an awesome upgrade for the summit, sooooooooo much torque, i had to upgrade to steel center shafts and cvds so i would quit twisting them. wheelies on demand and plenty of torque to climb just about anything with no cogging. . .i love it

That is definetly good to know My summit should be mailed out today and to me by next friday.. and I am already looking at good upgrades for it. I was trying to find that duel motor mount alone because I have 2 of the titan 775's so I dont need the extra motors, I dont think.. anyone know where to just get the mount alone???

did you ever figure out the break in on those motors and how are they going??? I was also wondering which you might think is better the titan 775's or the motor's kershaw puts in that kit the 700's I think..

did you ever figure out the break in on those motors and how are they going??? I was also wondering which you might think is better the titan 775's or the motor's kershaw puts in that kit the 700's I think..

i used 3 dcell batteries wired together and ran the motor under water for about 90 minutes, and i tried 2 775's my buddy has a summit too and i robbed his motor for like 5 minutes just to see how it ran and the 700's ran alot better as far as i'm concerned

definetly good to know!! I was thinking of either going dual motor or go to the momba monster combo. (the one in the t-maxx,and E-revo)