TT-02 build pics

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericehess

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Just built my first kit, TT-02 NSX. Didn't use the brushed electronics it came with. Upgraded to brushless 4000kv spektrum, 120amp quicrun esc. Got high speed gear set with 63 tooth spur 28 tooth pinion. Aluminum motor mount and driveshaft and steering rack. Ball bearings and oil shocks. Aluminum rim street tires. Things quick, app. 35 mph. Body done paint came out pretty good. Just need to sticker it.
IMG_20240130_171656921.jpg

IMG_20240125_182050004 (1).jpg

IMG_20240131_054824573.jpg

I'll take it and build it up for you
That would require work on my part to ship it to you. That usually takes me forever and a day to get around to doing. Months I tell ya. And it requires me paying my friend to come take the package to the post office, and convincing Breydon to let go of it. But PM me your address, and if ever I get around to it, it's yours. That is as long as Breydon says OK. But don't get your hopes up.

That would require work on my part to ship it to you. That usually takes me forever and a day to get around to doing. Months I tell ya. And it requires me paying my friend to come take the package to the post office, and convincing Breydon to let go of it. But PM me your address, and if ever I get around to it, it's yours. That is as long as Breydon says OK. But don't get your hopes up.
NOO. I wanted it....
Crap. i never know being on this forum could be so profitable for David...

Now we gonna fight for it
Pretty sure Breydon would be on my side, if he wants to let go of it
TT02s are cool, if you know. Want to have fun on the street / parking lots.
But I might consider a higher quality kit. Most likely would get into onroad carpet racing. Not sure how a TT02 would do. Maybe look at awesomatix and xray and serpent and those brands.
Or I can get a TT02D and make a drift build. But not sure if it would be best as like a MST or Yokomo.

oh no
I only gots TT02 money
I dont got no Xray money.
@luke66 , you have a couple more RCs than me, should be mine. 🤣
Sorry OP for taking over your thread. This happens all the time.

Last edited:
oh no
I only gots TT02 money
I dont got no Xray money.
@luke66 , you have a couple more RCs than me, should be mine. 🤣
oh yes.

Hey, you can offord a TT-02, I can't. LOOKS LIKE ITS MIIIIIINEE!!!! 🤣
I'm mostly kidding but also sorta not kidding.... Wait, i gotta fix my 'Detta. But I've always wanted a TT-02.... But, But, Buuuuuuut.

I'm mostly kidding but also sorta not kidding.... Wait, i gotta fix my 'Detta. But I've always wanted a TT-02.... But, But, Buuuuuuut.
you also have that traxxas mm build things to do.
I only got money for the 02 part. I don't have money for the TT yet.

soooo the fact its second gen u can afford, but not the car part?

Oh yes, MM things to do. Anyone got a Traxxas 2WD in parts?

you also have that traxxas mm build things to do.
I only got money for the 02 part. I don't have money for the TT yet.
u changed ur signature?!!?!?

Anyone got a Traxxas 2WD in parts?
Got a whole spare parts bag.
No you aint getting it
I need it. Even though I rarely open that bag.
Never know when you would need spares at a track that does not have a hobby shop.
u changed ur signature?!!?!?
yea
soooo the fact its second gen u can afford, but not the car part?
Oh sorry. I can afford the TT but not the 02. Well. I have no clue. I can afford 2 wheels. But not the body.
I wonder if they make an Audi TT version of the TT02? That would be funny if they did

Last edited:
But I might consider a higher quality kit. Most likely would get into onroad carpet racing. Not sure how a TT02 would do.

Some places run a beginners "tub chassis" class, motor limit is a 12t (which I wouldn't run in a TT02, dont need the torque). They're fairly competitive with the right driver.

I think the OP should try out 48p gearing, they just need one of the "slider" motor mounts. From my understanding 48p gearing let's you gear for a higher top speed.

The high speed gear set comes with an adapter that lets you use most spur gears hence the 63t instead of 70t. Got the adjustable mount too so I fit a 28t pinion no prob. Could have gone with any pitch, kept it at .6mod. Think I could run 3s no prob for speed runs and maybe hit 50+.

Gonna run the new TT-02 against my sons upgraded Redcat lightning at the local school parking lot today. His goes about 35 so cars should be about equal. Same quicrun 120 escs, similar gear ratios, 28/63(tt-02) 26/60(rdct). Tt-02 has 4000kv motor Redcat 4300.
IMG_20240203_081048985.jpg
IMG_20240203_081059130.jpg

Back