Stock Shock or Piggy Back Aluminum?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxfreek

Hardcore RCTalk User
Firefighter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
can't decide what i want, can anyone tell me whats best? Not wanting a Show truck but i want it to look good when its clean and becomes a shelf queen in bad weather, but i want them to be functional....i guess what I'm asking, are they worth the 100+ dollars???:\

I would say NO. They are more than likely Integy which means you have a 98% chance of them being leaky crap with really easy to bend shafts. I would go Traxxas Big Bore for $20 less. Look good and are super bashable. You would probably want to replace the springs though, kinda soft. I have used RCRaven in the past with good luck. I like the dual rate springs. But seriously, I would stay stock before I went with the Integy piggybacks.

That's what i need to know, i guess ill stay stock for now...thanks.

have some pictures posted of the savage, in process, now that i know which way to go with shocks it should come along pretty quick.

Yeah the big bores are a good bet. They are they best for the price aftermarket that are made FOR the Savage...Sorry my bad I was thinking T-Maxx. But the HPI big bores are damn good too if you get the alloy bodies. I did the LST shocks on mine and it worked pretty well. But stay away from those Integy shocks...I know they are "pretty" but you loose functional. You can also go with nearly any buggy or truggy big bore shocks that are appox the same length too. You can even go about 10mm shorter and be ok. It will lower your center of gravity and give you better handling while you are at it.

Back