steering servos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTx_evil

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I just bought a e-revo and I'm looking to upgrade my servos. I heard bad things about the 2075 traxxas servos.

I just bought a e-revo and I'm looking to upgrade my servos. I heard bad things about the 2075 traxxas servos.
They are garbage. Id use one of these two Savox servos depending on your budget.

SC1201MG - Hi Torque Coreless Standard Digital Servo .12/347 @ 6v

SA1231SG - Coreless Digital Servo 0.14/444.4 @6V

They have better servos if you got the budget but those are solid choices.

cored or coreless doesn't really matter too much with a basher. I have both and you can't tell the difference. Just make sure you get something that has at lease 200 oz.in. of torque. It basically boils down to how much you are willing to spend. The Traxxas unit is a troublesome unit.

My budget is atleast a 100

In that case, it turns into a brand preference. Protek, Savox, Sanwa, Futaba, KO Propo, Hitec, etc... They all make a pretty good servo for around $100.

I just put a promodeler DS505BLHV in my maxx 4s. It's the nicest servo I've ever bought. Was $102.24 shipped. Puts out plenty of power/speed even at 6V, so I'll continue to run it at that even though my esc will allow me to bump it up to 7.5/8V.
2021-1022-promodeler-Servo-DS505BLHV.jpg

I run a hobbystar HCS-4521 in my e-revo 2.0 and outcast for over a year running at 7.2V with no issues. I had one in my maxx, but it was acting weird, which is why I figured I'd try the promodeler out. The HCS-4521 ended up being a broken shaft on the middle gears that I replaced with a 1/16" drill bit piece. Now it's a backup servo. Can get them for $35 on sale at rcjuice.com, $50 when not on sale. Pretty decent servo for the $.

Prior to that, I had bought a savox 1210sg for my outcast. It died after a year, but worked fine until then. It blew a mosfet inside (transistor that powers the motor). I replaced the mosfet (was a pain) and it died again a few months later. Guessing the motor has something wrong with it putting too much load on the circuit. For $90, I expected it to last longer.

I have got a Send-it 458 servo ,but Matt doesn't make them anymore ,but he has others ,very good
Servo's an they are used by some racers for their reliability & durabilty!..😎
I think he has some 417 's left!

20201002_175804-1-600x600.jpg

https://sendit-rc.com/product/platinum-hv417/
I almost pulled the trigger on one but I have several high end servos waiting to go in builds already so I decided not to pull the trigger. Their stock counter says they only have 28 left.

470oz-in & .065speed @8.4V is pretty impressive. Not a bad deal at $100

I almost pulled the trigger on one but I have several high end servos waiting to go in builds already so I decided not to pull the trigger. Their stock counter says they only have 28 left.

470oz-in & .065speed @8.4V is pretty impressive. Not a bad deal at $100

That is very impressive!