Starting Trouble Updates...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I<3Traxxas

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
For those who read my first post, we came to the conclusion that it might have been my glo-plugs... I tested em out and they worked fine.

I took my car out and got it started, but I had to turn the Trottle Trim dial on my remote all the way up... and when I gave it any gas it would stall out.

It definently gotta be something up with the carb.

Any more suggestions?

Is it something with the idle screw?

Could it be possible that signs from fuel spewing out the top of the alluminum heat sync, and the green fuel bile exhaust crap indicate a very rich fuel mixture?

Last edited:
I also would like to know. My car is doing that too.

yea buddy, you didnt need 2 start a new thread to tell us.....

OK, best thing to do is take the engine off the truck, clean it up and check it out completely.

If fuel is leaking out where the head attaches to the crankcase, yes, that is not good. You need to make sure the head is bolted down nice and tight and make sure you tighten the bolts in a star pattern. However, let's back up a few steps.

Pull the engine off the truck. Next, pull the carb off completely. You never did verify that the O-rings in the needles were there and in good shape. Before you go any further, you're going to need to do this. Take the LSN completely out. Check the O-ring and clean the needle itself good (denatured alcohol will do the trick). If there are any tears on the O-ring or it is outright missing, replace it with the correct O-ring (do not try to rig something, it'll make it worse.) Put it back in (we'll set the needles later). Now, do the same thing with the HSN. Once you've done that, get yourself a little bit of RTV sealant, put a small bead of sealant around the carb throat and then put the carb back onto the block. RTV sealant can be purchased at any auto parts store, just make sure it is the sensor safe RTV sealant.

OK, not, take the E-Z start stuff off and take the backplate off (should be four small screws holding it on). Again, if there are any O-rings, make sure they are in good condition. Once you've got it cleaned off with DA, again, put a small bead of RTV sealant around the plate and reattach it to the block. The RTV sealant is added insurance on preventing air leaks.

Finally, in between the engine head and block are usually a shim or two. The look like flat washers that fit exactly around the glow plug button. You'll need to check the engine manual to make sure you have them and if so, how many. Just make sure that, if the engine requires them, you have them. Once you have the shims, then reattach the head to the block and make sure that sucker is on there good and tight!

Let the RTV cure up overnight, set your needles back to factory and it should run like a champ! That green bile you're seeking (nitro snot) simply means you're running rich. Nothing to worry about, but once you get it back running, you may want to run a tick or two leaner.

Now, go give it a shot and come back and let us know how it goes. We're willing to help, but you have to meet us halfway. Don't rush it, either. It'll end up still not working and you'll be twice as pissed!

If you try to run it before the RTV cures, it will turn into a big gooy mess... been there. Make sure to let it cure for a full 24 hours.

Here's a link to the stuff: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-COPPER-Hi-Temp-Silicone-Gasket/dp/B0002KL67O/ref=sr_1_3/002-7133910-8984026?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1173835575&sr=1-3]RTV High Temp Sensor Safe[/ame]
You can find it at Napa, autozone, farm/fleet and possibly wal-mart.

Thanks for all your input guys.
I definetley bolted that head back down nice n tight. It was pretty loose.
I'm gonna try playing with the carb. one more time before I take stuff apart.

i get this when you idle for a long period of time. It bogs down because of all the fuel in your engine. Start your car and leave the glo-plug on then while holding the front bumper give it some gas (with your glo-start still on) and you should see lots of fuel coming out of the exhaust then it will be fine

i get this when you idle for a long period of time. It bogs down because of all the fuel in your engine. Start your car and leave the glo-plug on then while holding the front bumper give it some gas (with your glo-start still on) and you should see lots of fuel coming out of the exhaust then it will be fine

Ez Start Wont let you do that...

try and get your hands on a glow-plug mate, or find some other way of getting all that excess fuel out of your motor