Starting a RC club / track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ymft81

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
hello everybody just wondering I’m looking to start a track in my hometown with some friends. The Township have given us a chunk of property but said we need insurance I don’t know what insurance we need or how to get it. Looking for some answers if anyone has experience. also wondering if I can get a government grant for small clubs I live in Ontario, Canada.
Thanks in advance everyone

Not sure about the government grants but you can go to any insurance company in your town and get insurance.
Too bad I don't live close, I would join your club.

You need liability insurance.. better have this group form a LLC also so no one can be sued.Pop munchies and rc parts are also a good revenue plat form.pizza also tires batteries glue.if you sell anything have insurance.

You can thank a lawyer for your need to have insurance.

I have 0 idea about track land or track insurance.

Just wondering if this is going to be outdoor or indoor?
If indoor, what surface is your track going to be? Carpet? Turf? Sealed clay?
If outdoor, I seen some outdoor turf and carpet tracks. I seen most outdoor stuff is just dirt.
Also what cars? 1/10? 1/8?
i forgot there's other types of tracks besides off-road 🤦‍♂️.

In addition to insurance, I'd have them sign waivers too. More protection you have the better.

wavier is more money outa pocket..good but youll need id # on that waiver

Not sure about the government grants but you can go to any insurance company in your town and get insurance.
Too bad I don't live close, I would join your club.
hey everybody just an update looks like the Township has pulled through and is gonna set everything up for us we probably still need some kinda government funding to get some money but thanks for your input.
1686403371585.jpeg

we will see whats up at the next town meeting