Stampede 4x4 VXL

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well crap..............broke off the post for the battery holder not sure how to get that out of there.
20201207_190901.jpg

Yep... that blows. Could try using a thin cut off disk on a dremel to put a slot in it, then carefully back it out. It will cut the plastic a bit, but it's either that or a new chassis.

Yep... that blows. Could try using a thin cut off disk on a dremel to put a slot in it, then carefully back it out. It will cut the plastic a bit, but it's either that or a new chassis.
Dremel worked better than I though it would, I did have to put a little cut into the chassis but with the post on there you can't even tell.

I know all the Arrma fanboys are going to come down on me hard, but this truck is hands down a better and more durable basher than my Arrma 3s. The Arrma is broken yet again while this thing just take hits like a champ.

I keep breaking the HD CW arms. I've broken one every time I've run the truck since installing them. They split at the seam on the inside hingepin.

Also, don't use a 3mm bolt for the axle carrier/c-hubs I suggested previously. It's too small. Needs to be 3.2mm. I noticed that recently on mine. I thought my rear ones wore out on the bolt, had tons of slop. So I ordered new ones. When I went to install them, the new ones had just as much slop. I ended up using some old pins from my t-maxx days, cut a notch in each end and used 1/8" collars to hold them on. Removed a lot of my slop in the front and rear.

2020-1103-stampede-rearAxleCarrierHingePinsCollars-side.jpg

I also ended up going back to RPM arms on the front... Will see how they do with my larger tires and 4S. :)

I keep breaking the HD CW arms. I've broken one every time I've run the truck since installing them. They split at the seam on the inside hingepin.

Also, don't use a 3mm bolt for the axle carrier/c-hubs I suggested previously. It's too small. Needs to be 3.2mm. I noticed that recently on mine. I thought my rear ones wore out on the bolt, had tons of slop. So I ordered new ones. When I went to install them, the new ones had just as much slop. I ended up using some old pins from my t-maxx days, cut a notch in each end and used 1/8" collars to hold them on. Removed a lot of my slop in the front and rear.

2020-1103-stampede-rearAxleCarrierHingePinsCollars-side.jpg

I also ended up going back to RPM arms on the front... Will see how they do with my larger tires and 4S. :)

One of my HD a arms split at the seem as well, once it goes all the way I'll just get Rpms.

I'm running the Lunsford titanium hinge pins on mine, so far so good.

Just an update on the Lunsford Racing hinge pins, still holding on strong.
And idk if it is just me but I find the stock a arms to be better than the HD a arms, I've already broken 2.
20210420_190214.jpg

Just an update on the Lunsford Racing hinge pins, still holding on strong.
And idk if it is just me but I find the stock a arms to be better than the HD a arms, I've already broken 2.
View attachment 126508
Yeah, I broke 3 or 4 of the orange HD CW arms and gave up. I emailed traxxas and they said it was news to them, but then they sent me 4 new ones for free... which are now in a drawer as I went back to RPM. I also removed the front sway bar and put the arm skids back on so my front shocks are less likely to dig into the dirt. The HR sway bars don't allow for adjustment of length and they were limiting my down travel by having the wire run into the upper turnbuckles. They wouldn't have been that effective on RPM arms anyway since they are made out of noodles.

I'm guessing those lunsford pins go through the front and back with e-clips on both sides, right? My pins have been holding up fine. The collars are less annoying than those tiny e-clips I hate. LOL!

My latest issue is my big 4S pack is popping out of the battery tray on bigger jumps. The hold down strap thing is flexing enough to pop out of the rear part of the mount. I would have thought the chassis was flexing on me, but I do have a T2T brace on it to help support the body and to give me something to mount the POV camera to. I added one of those Pure-Tech Xtreme Quick Mounts in the battery tray. Hoping with that and the hold down, my battery stays put.

2021-0408-stampede-PureTechBatteryStrap-side-high.jpg

Back