Spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIBRI

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Toasted my spur gear trying to fix but want to know the best way to tune a 3.3? What is the difference between 54,56,58,tooth spur gears? I would like more torque could someone help me with that?

Which one did you have on it?

Larger spur = more torque.

So, if any of those are larger than what you had, then they will give you more torque.

If you still want more, then drop the CB a tooth or two.

YOu may want to check and make sure you can install the CB you have with the spur you "want". I don't know what the maxx is like, but when you go too far up or down in teeth on the spur, you have to change the CB or you can't get proper gear mesh.

Which one did you have on it?

Larger spur = more torque.

So, if any of those are larger than what you had, then they will give you more torque.

If you still want more, then drop the CB a tooth or two.

YOu may want to check and make sure you can install the CB you have with the spur you "want". I don't know what the maxx is like, but when you go too far up or down in teeth on the spur, you have to change the CB or you can't get proper gear mesh.

I HAD A 56 BUT WANT A 58 OR HIGHER. DO I NEED TO TAKE THE TRANS OFF TO FIX THE SPUR GEAR?:angry:

I HAD A 56 BUT WANT A 58 OR HIGHER. DO I NEED TO TAKE THE TRANS OFF TO FIX THE SPUR GEAR?:angry:

</capslock>

You shouldn't need to take the tranny off on the 3.3 to replace the spur. Just remove the three screws on the slipper/spur assembly and remove the gear to replace.

A 58 tooth is the highest you can go, and if you still need more then you can get a smaller clutch bell.

Keep in mind though that the more torque you get (higher ratio) then the slower it will go and the higher the engine will rev.

</capslock>

You shouldn't need to take the tranny off on the 3.3 to replace the spur. Just remove the three screws on the slipper/spur assembly and remove the gear to replace.

A 58 tooth is the highest you can go, and if you still need more then you can get a smaller clutch bell.

Keep in mind though that the more torque you get (higher ratio) then the slower it will go and the higher the engine will rev.

thank you that saves me a big hasel. how much speed will i lose going from 56 to 58? what might have caused the spur gear to strip? all of a sudden the engine went to a high rev had to shut her off. scared the hell out of me:whhooo: is something else wrong?

make sure the gears mesh correctly between the clutch bell and the spur gear, use a piece of paper between the 2 for the perfect spacing

make sure the gears mesh correctly between the clutch bell and the spur gear, use a piece of paper between the 2 for the perfect spacing

what do you mean did the engine move some already?

Back