Spektrum GPS Telemetry Sensor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC MAN

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am about to by a castle X-bus link and a Spektrum GPS Telemetry sensor for my RC Car and i am Going to use a SR6100AT Receiver with them. The X-bus Telemetry Link has no operating voltage listed on its spec sheet where the GPS Telemetry sensor does. The GPS telemetry sensor only says it can handle 5.5 volts when all my other gear runs on 7.4 volts and i really don't want to drop my BEC down to 5.5 volts. The GPS Telemetry sensor plugs in to its own special X-bus port on the Sr6100AT receiver. So does the x-bus port lower the voltage for the GPS thing or will i have to set my entire BEC voltage to 5.5volts or can it be ran on a higher voltage?🤔

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.27.48 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.27.48 am.png
    390.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.41.56 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.41.56 am.png
    393.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.43.00 am.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.43.00 am.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 97
First thing I would do is hook up the X-Bus to the ESC and use a multimeter to check the output voltage on the black and red wires that plug in to the GPS sensor. I'm assuming since its made for Spektrum sensors specifically it probably would output the proper voltage.

Worse case scenario you run the ESCs BEC on 7.4V and use an external BEC to power the GPS Sensor or visa versa.

First thing I would do is hook up the X-Bus to the ESC and use a multimeter to check the output voltage on the black and red wires that plug in to the GPS sensor. I'm assuming since its made for Spektrum sensors specifically it probably would output the proper voltage.

Worse case scenario you run the ESCs BEC on 7.4V and use an external BEC to power the GPS Sensor or visa versa

Thanks for the advise!
I will definitely try that 😀

I think the x-bus port might lower the BEC voltage because if it didn't why doesn't the X-bus link not state its voltage limits?

Anyway i will email spektrum and castle and see if they give me an answer but until then i will definitely try your method. 😀

he wants a object to slow voltage..I think he is asking can he use something to lower voltage so he can run this at a lower voltage. a Zener diode or a ubec ...

I think its called a resistor
A resistor can be used to drop voltage but they arent nearly as efficient as something like a Zener diode like TNT mentioned. Resistors can put off a lot of heat and waste a lot of energy. If you're not an electronics person though then we just use BECs (Battery Elemination Circuits) that you can buy at your LHS to accomplish voltage regulation. In fact if I had to guess Id say BECs probably use Zener diodes.