Something VERY bad happened at school today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad commentary on our society when kids are no longer safe in school. These incidents taking place during the regular class day or after school during extra-carric's?

Seems so strange to see campus security patrol cars for high schools these days. Necessary, I guess, to protect the many from the few..

You kids stay safe. Buddy up with a wingman if you can. Watch each other's backs.

My current HS, currently 2 SRO's in the building at all times during the day (school resource officer - aka normal cop)
Last year at middle school there was only 1, but some days there would be 2.
Oh yea, last year there were atleast 5 security guards roaming the halls to make sure kids that go out of class don't wander for long.

My current HS, currently 2 SRO's in the building at all times during the day (school resource officer - aka normal cop)
Last year at middle school there was only 1, but some days there would be 2.
Oh yea, last year there were atleast 5 security guards roaming the halls to make sure kids that go out of class don't wander for long.
I think we are gonna have an assembly today.

UPDATE. The threat was found to be false but the threat was sent out to other states as well. The threats came from outside of the US. The FBI is currently investigating the situation

We had a bunch of those in our area last year. :(

Soon you will need to add these to your school supply list.

74c323f26134269494ee9a9ac2387dcb.jpg

The threat was found to be false
most of the time it is false but we never know
The threats came from outside of the US.
Hmmm. 🤔
I could say I got some experience with this. I watched plenty of NCIS / Magnum PI and knight rider kind of stuff
Yep just got that email

Last edited:
this is nuts.
maybe you should be homeschooled. i dont get any bomb threats at home.
same
my question is how do they even get their hands on one, a bomb, a gun, anything
my school/s in my area, heard stuff going around, most of the time its just fake.
I try to stay away from all the ""bad"" kids. Half of the school drama / chaos I'm mostly not in because I'm not apart of their social media groups.

How can school be dangerous 101
  • Fights
  • Guns / bombs
  • threats
  • science experiments
  • fires
  • lipo fires in electronics
  • students chucking their chromebooks at each other and damaging them
  • air quality sucks. Well ehh. Most of the time, its super super dry, and thats why my allergies start going off or I feel stuffed up
  • gas leaks
  • the teacher turning on the lights while after watching a movie in the dark
  • seeing letters in math that is confusing as math is numbers
They get their hands on such things by:
a)They stole guns
b)They made bombs
c) Irresponsible parents gave them guns or access to guns
d) Bought the guns or bombs off of the black market
Yup same here. Hell we used to bring our rifles and shotguns to school as long as we left them in our cars/trucks it was ok and go hunting after class let out. It was nothing to see kids walking down the road with a shotgun in those days.
i wish i could have been born in those times

Last edited:
my question is how do they even get their hands on one, a bomb, a gun, anything
my school/s in my area, heard stuff going around, most of the time its just fake.
I try to stay away from all the ""bad"" kids. Half of the school drama / chaos I'm mostly not in because I'm not apart of their social media groups.

How can school be dangerous 101
  • Fights
  • Guns / bombs
  • threats
  • science experiments
  • fires
  • lipo fires in electronics
  • students chucking their chromebooks at each other and damaging them
  • air quality sucks. Well ehh. Most of the time, its super super dry, and thats why my allergies start going off or I feel stuffed up
  • gas leaks
  • the teacher turning on the lights while after watching a movie in the dark
  • seeing letters in math that is confusing as math is numbers

You live in a beautiful area!

None of this is your fault nor are you responsible to fix it.

Sad to say but a lot of the time it's parents not aware of what their kids are doing. They don't instill and enforce values and rules. Or as Ceasar Milan says, "Rules boundaries limitations." i.e you can't let kids free range and expect them all to make good decisions all the time.
1704161220504.png

As a young person you are learning about the world and testing your boundaries. Finding your way in the world. We live in a society of rules so we can all function towards a better future. There are some that don't believe that or don't care or are just too dumb to understand that we all can't do whatever we want when we want with complete disregard for others.

When I was a kid my father taught us firearm safety. We practiced it, and if we were ever caught in the same room with a gun and no "responsible" (approved by them) adult the gun would be the least of my problems. For other implements of doom, the internet is full of information. You can find info on just about anything if you look hard enough.

The other part of that, as you can see, is that our youth is inundated with news. My parents told it wasn't something to worry about and we didn't watch/read it. I was about 10 yrs old when Son of Sam was on the loose in NYC and I lived just 45 mins from the hub of violence. Also 3-mile island happened and the "radioactive cloud" was going to drift our way. Again my father said don't worry about it. He was 100% right in both cases and the radioactive cloud was based on math and science, he sort of knew that stuff. It wasn't till high school I was allowed to watch the news or read the paper for current events.

We all got in fights but no one really cared. It just was part of growing up. Now it's a federal case and the police get involved. Not saying it's normal or should be condoned but it's a lot easier to get your butt kicked by a really bully than dealing with a faceless nameless cyber bully.

This is all bad stuff but don't let it dominate your life. Be glad that someone figured out the bomb was there and problem is resolved without anyone getting hurt. The world is a scary place these days.

Today, in Oregon, several bomb threats were sent out to schools including mine. The scary thing is, they found a live bomb in my school. If you want to know a little bit about what happened, here is the link: https://katu.com/news/local/corbett...ommunity-church-serves-as-reunification-point There is not very much information on there because the news crew was not there and they don't know everything about it. A total of 5 schools were evacuated because of this. The bomb was planted by a senior at my school and it was supposedly in a locker but the real place has not been shared. Stay safe everyone.
Glad it didn’t come to fruition and me see another tragedy on the news. Someone needs a good ole down home stomping, now or later but needs one regardless.

Back