So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's awesome bro. Are you going to remove the sticker on the motor? Mines still on too, just heard removing it keeps it cooler, can also get heat sinks I guess depending on what it is. Thinking it sounds like a good weekend project, but if I'm taking stuff apart, I might as well replace it with new stuff. If I keep replacing stuff Eventually I'll have a new scx24😃
I'm not going to bother with the sticker removal. I've already replaced 2 motors with the long cans. These long cans only cost $15 and has so much more torque. So, the plan is to eventually replace all the stock motors. Plus, I've only lost 1 stock motor out of 5.

Did you guys hear that? A few minutes ago, I heard, John, JOHNNNNN , my Xmaxx and ERevo was calling my name...
OH, a road trip we will go, a road trip we will go , hi-ho the derry-o a road trip we will go. " I had to google derry":D

IMG_0258.JPG

Did you guys hear that? A few minutes ago, I heard, John, JOHNNNNN , my Xmaxx and ERevo was calling my name...
OH, a road trip we will go, a road trip we will go , hi-ho the derry-o a road trip we will go. " I had to google derry":D

View attachment 142149
Cool. So you going to make us another 1st run vid? I want to see that Revo running.

Ran the trx4 to test for the comp tomorrow. Finally got the tires tuned right. Swapped out the 2s back to the 4s motor that will be run on 2s. More torque, less r’s. Moved some weights around the front. Put rubber caps on my bumper lights, swapped out my reefs 555 for a 350bl to deal with the extra weight and grip. Changed my lower shock mounts and pan hard to brass ones. Raised the reefs 800 winch on stand offs for some more axle clearance. Built about 13 sets of tires trying different foam combos for grip. (I only have 2 sets of wheels). Finally dialed in the esc and controller for the throttle and steering response.

My infatuation with tiny scales is growing.....or is it actually shrinking?🤔
The littlest, silly things that amuses me!
Power Craze 2.0
I love mini rc's, you put a goofy grin on my face just watching the vid. That looks like a perfect cat toy! 😍
I took out my three UMX micro planes to our new flying spot this morning. Need to get used to a few things but I think the new location will work great. Next week I will finally maiden the F-18. :)

Ran the trx4 to test for the comp tomorrow. Finally got the tires tuned right. Swapped out the 2s back to the 4s motor that will be run on 2s. More torque, less r’s. Moved some weights around the front. Put rubber caps on my bumper lights, swapped out my reefs 555 for a 350bl to deal with the extra weight and grip. Changed my lower shock mounts and pan hard to brass ones. Raised the reefs 800 winch on stand offs for some more axle clearance. Built about 13 sets of tires trying different foam combos for grip. (I only have 2 sets of wheels). Finally dialed in the esc and controller for the throttle and steering response.
That's a whole lotta tire changes! Good luck in the comp and have fun! 👍

Screw fell out of my front upper link Friday night, used lock tight so it doesn't happen again. Also realized I had my lower high clearance links the wrong way so turned all that around. Took it on the track for maybe 5 minutes and lost the other screw that didnt have lock tight🤬🤬🤬. Reckon I'm done running for the day. Also just found out my batteries are on back order🤬 so I canceled. I'll pick some up at my LHS. Think I'm going to through bolt the front upper links with a lock nut (if this happens again). Anyone know what size screws these are? Good news is Slimer is sticking to the rocks like glue.
20220220_110813.jpg
20220220_111404.jpg

Yesterday, I finally set up gates on my Pond Course. Using orange practice golf balls cut in half. It certainly makes it quite a bit more challenging having to negotiate and not touch the gates.
Today, I only had time to run my SCX24 Deadbolt, Goblin, through it .
0221221043.jpg
0221221043b.jpg

@Xraycer So far it's pretty cool, articulation could be a little better. trying to find the sweet spot. if I set it up with more articulation it sits up too high. I don't know how many times I've moved things around. I Looove the tires. All of the little screws are my nemesis! it took me way longer to build this than I expected. of course some instructions would have been helpful. 🤣 I still have to put my Furitek ESC in it. but I forgot a cable I need.

@Xraycer So far it's pretty cool, articulation could be a little better. trying to find the sweet spot. if I set it up with more articulation it sits up too high. I don't know how many times I've moved things around. I Looove the tires. All of the little screws are my nemesis! it took me way longer to build this than I expected. of course some instructions would have been helpful. 🤣 I still have to put my Furitek ESC in it. but I forgot a cable I need.
Ever since I got my Dynamite .050 driver, wrenching on the small scales have been so, so less tedious. Can't ever go back to those tiny Allen wrenches ever again!

Today is the calm before the storm. After work, I picked up and secured stuff around the property. Once that was done, I got some play time, especially now that there's an extra hour of daylight before nightfall.
Besides rc, I also enjoyed 2 of my other hobbies: cornhole and airguns. I ran my SCX24 Chevy through the gated Pond Course, as well as the more challenging Cliff Course.
0224221645c.jpg
0224221645a.jpg
0224221641e.jpg

Last edited: