Smaxxin's 1/16 Slash, the journey begins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reppin the RCNT logo...it's at least 10x faster now!

RCNT_BUG_zps5db64b8c.jpg

This is just my opinion but thats an ugly lid for such a cool looking rig. Needs something mean looking. Other than that, love this build bro.

This is just my opinion but thats an ugly lid for such a cool looking rig. Needs something mean looking. Other than that, love this build bro.

Different tastes bro :D. The only other option I would have considered is the Raptor truck body, I'm not a fan of the others including the stock body.

I finally got a radio to put in the merv! I installed a 31t pinion, charged up a 3s pack and took it for a spin. While attempting to get it to top speed I had a little too much throttle input at about 3/4 throttle and things went bad.....Bye Bye bug body!

The body was used for almost two packs

bustedbug_zps0f759c97.jpg

Yikes! What did you hit......that's some decent deceleration trauma.

It flipped on it's lid then started flipping. This thing really needs a wheelie bar!

The t-bones racing 4pcs is working for me, but its heavy....you shouldn't have a problem with that venlineon-3s though.

A wheelie bar should have been the first upgrade with that silly motor setup. And a 31t pinion? :whhooo: The only things with 31t pinions on them should have ailerons and elevators. :hehe:

I strapped on the stock body plugged up a 3s pack and tried to get her to top speed. After several attempts the fastest I could get it without flipping was 51.8. I had it going faster but when it flipped the gps flew out and was turned off when I picked it up....The navigation button is now missing, it used to be were the hollow black hole is.

speed1_zpse294c487.jpg

I finally installed a wheelie bar on this little beast, it's much easier to drive! If I can find enough room I think I can get it to top speed.