Smaxxin's 1/16 Slash, the journey begins

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I started out with a new brushed 1/16 Slash, I'll update as I upgrade. Here she is bone stock

stockslash_zpsd6f5c79e.jpg

toplesspose_zps82e1cf29.jpg

Last edited:
Now there's your problem: It's stock and clean.

Not for long! I was surprised to see a 550 motor in this little truck but as soon as I saw it I knew it was destine to have a 540 brushless system! I almost bought a 550 brushless set up but with the limited battery space I wouldn't have been able to supply enough power to make it worth it. There is an Associated SC700-BL ESC and Reedy 3300kV motor on the way which should give pretty good power on the two 1500 2s lipos and the truck will still be waterproof.

I have a few of these Turnigy nano packs for my Edge 540 and they have been great so I'm giving them a try in the Slash. They are charging right now.

nanopacks_zps0e8b5cb0.jpg

The 550 set up on lipos has some real torque, the stock tires are not doing well!

bald_zps45c6f868.jpg

Looks like it needs some new shoes for back-to-school. lol

It drives like its on skates, can't keep it straight under hard acceleration. I need to get some real tires under it!

You wore the hell out of those tires! Good job sir. :D

Excellent, another build I will enjoy following Pete!

You knows ots a good session when you dont break a thing and notice a considerable amount of tire tread gone :hehe:

Just placed an order for the following

Traxxas Toe Link Front & Rear VXL
Traxxas Push Rod/Hollow Balls VXL
Traxxas Spring Shock GTR Blue 1/16 Summit VXL
Traxxas Spring Shock GTR Purple 1/16 Summit VXL
RPM Rear Upper/Lower A-Arms Green Traxxas Mini E-Revo
RPM Front Upper/Lower A-Arms Green Traxxas Mini E-Revo
Traxxas Pinion Gear 48P 31T w/Screw

I strapped on the gps and did a speed run, the gps is heavy and pretty big on this little guy but 24.7 mph isn't too bad for a stock set up on one 2s 1500 pack

speed_zps3b061500.jpg

Just remember that you can't run any 2s or 3s LiPo in series on the mERV family. It tends to let the magic smoke out of the ESC...

Hurry up with the brushless already! lol. I wanna get someones epinion on one of these vs the merv.

The stock esc (brushed) won't run on 3s, the esc won't even activate on 3s.

SNG I have had the merv before and IMO the Slash looks better but it's narrow track makes handling suick! Thats why I ordered the parts to convert to a merv!

What size are those tires, have you looked into any aftermarket ones yet, I want a set like them

The new tires are the ones that come on a Losi mini 8ight

I'm hoping to find a set of good 1/16 SCT tires, but there isn't much, except integy tires
Like the stock ones that came with your slash

There are other options out there, it might include changing out the hex's and doing a little "mod" work. Kinda like this...Losi Wheel and tires on my MERV.

photobucket-5176-1330308139285.jpg

Back