Small Update on My Comp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well last week I was at a indoor comp here in Sacramento where I live and my Rig took a pretty good fall onto the concrete floor and at first all looked ok, but after closer inspection I noticed that my front Delrin TCS 4 link plate had broke on one sidewhere the upper links mount, so I ordered a Aluminum TCS 4 link, probably should have in the first place but I was trying to save a couple bucks, now it just ended up costing more in the long run, oh well live and learn. I also limited my limited my Losi crawler shocks to get my ride height down to 2-3/4" which has made it a lot more stable, and I got my new clamp on style aluminum servo horn for my steering servo, found it on ebay for like $8.50 shipped, it adds a little bling. I should be getting a new body tomorrow.

Here are a few pics of the latest things and how it sits as of now.
P1060151Medium.jpg

P1060149Medium.jpg

P1060237Medium.jpg

P1060213Medium.jpg

P1060205Medium.jpg

P1060169Medium.jpg

P1060187Medium.jpg

P1060226Medium.jpg

P1060227Medium.jpg

looking good, i really really like them horns, they look super durable.

i had to put a new one on mine, the carpet on a rainy day killed it. i used one with a metal ring around the base of the socket and i hope it holds up better. i like that clamp one though!!

looking good, i really really like them horns, they look super durable.

i had to put a new one on mine, the carpet on a rainy day killed it. i used one with a metal ring around the base of the socket and i hope it holds up better. i like that clamp one though!!

Yeah it looks strong, I will find out just how strong at the comp I am going to on Saturday, I had to shave a little off the rod end so it would clear the bottom drag link and carve a small notch in the pumpkin so the nut on the back side of the horn would not rub, I also used a couple of extra bead lock screws from my stock Axial wheels on the clamp because the screws that come with it were made out of aluminum and on the short side, so I could not clamp it down like I wanted to. with the other screw I can clamp it down tighter, I don't want to have to be worrying about it coming loose at the comp, LOL!!! you can kind of see where I had shave and notch in this pic

P1060233Medium.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i think i see where you did. how long are those horns curtis? i need to just order one already instead of staring at them and then going out and breaking plastic ones every other time i crawl lol.

thanks for the link. i might have to order one at the beginning of the week.

yea, i would tell you to wait until atleast mid next week to order one...and dont ask why, just do it :nono:

why???? well, if you say to wait I'm gonna wait then....but now I'm REALLY CURIOUS!!!!

Nice bit of engineering, Curtis!

Thanks Cody, LOL!!! well I am off to a comp at 7am so I can be there by 9am, maybe I will get lucky and get first again, oh and tomorrow I will add a couple more things to my small update, I got a couple new things today, well yesterday now, LOL!!!!:D

Man that thing is looking Bad A$$

Thanks Man!!! Here is a couple of other pics of my new things I got for it yesterday...

P1060338Medium.jpg

P1060339Medium.jpg

P1060340Medium.jpg

I got me some new Chisels and another Grappler body...I did not run them in the comp, but I did try them out after every one was done running and they hooked up Ok, but my Rovers had better traction for sure, I think that this is due to the chisels being brand new and needing time to break in, so we will see how they are after some time on the rocks...:D

looks cool, good luck with them bro, i had no luck with them getting better for my tastes even after some good runs on them. they are a good tire but just not how i like them to bite as the rovers and panthers do.

looks cool, good luck with them bro, i had no luck with them getting better for my tastes even after some good runs on them. they are a good tire but just not how i like them to bite as the rovers and panthers do.

Well after getting them dirty at the comp and cleaning them up again they seem a little stickier now, for the next little while I am going to be trying my Chisels with my Proline 2 stage foams on my Proline 8 Shooter wheels, with this combination they take on a very similar profile to the Rovers, So I will see how well they hook up in comparison, here is a few pics.

Rover mounted on Proline 8 Shooter wheel with Proline 2 Stage Foam
P1060344Medium.jpg

Chisel mounted on Proline 8 Shooter wheel with Proline 2 Stage Foam
P1060343Medium.jpg

Side by side
P1060353Medium.jpg

P1060355Medium.jpg

Chisel mounted on stock Axial wheel VS. Proline 8 Shooter wheel
P1060356Medium.jpg

P1060357Medium.jpg

wow, they do have the same profile as the rovers on the 8's with the 2 stage foams, kinda suprising imo, glad to see they arent still so boxy. and alot norrower too, should help out some on rolling too.

The only part that sucks now I have to do the the other three which actually = six more wheels or one hell of a lot of screws, LOL!!!!

Pics of the new body and tires mounted

Well I finally got all my tires mounted and so I decided to take it out to my little rock pile in the back yard, here is a some pics of it on the rocks with the New Losi Grapler Body and Proline Chisel's mounted on the 8 shooter wheels.

P1060427Medium.jpg

P1060426Medium.jpg

P1060425Medium.jpg

P1060424Medium.jpg

P1060423Medium.jpg

P1060421Medium.jpg

P1060420Medium.jpg

P1060419Medium.jpg

P1060418Medium.jpg

P1060417Medium.jpg

P1060416Medium.jpg

P1060415Medium.jpg

what foams? i wish you luck with them, they should do pretty good especially in the heat you get there in cali BUT i still dont think even with the heat that you will get the forward bite that the rovers or panthers would give you.

Last edited:
Back