Shredded my spur gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotbass2012

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was racing and spun out when I gave my car gas to get back moving and it did not move when I went and got it that was the first thing I saw ....can y'all tell me what happend how to prevent this from happening again

A couple things need to be looked at. The first thing is to determine what cause the stripping of the gear. Was it too hot? Did the engine move? Was the slipper loose? Was the gear mesh not set properly? Once you determine how it happend then you can try the following solutions: Make sure to use loctite on the engine screws that fastened the engine to the chassis. Set the gear mesh with the new spur gear by using a piece of paper between both gears. You want the paper to come out without any tears in the paper. Check the manual for the slipper adjustment and adjust accordingly. If your still stumped after this there's YouTube videos that can give you a visual explaination.

Is this your first stripped spur gear? I stripped like 10 on my first tmaxx within a few days. Finding the right gear mesh can be a HUGE pain. Once you get it figured out though, it will be no problem after that.

Thanks for the help I found out its ether gear mesh or the slipper was loose so I'll do some more research now that I know what the problem might be

---------- Post added at 4:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:11 PM ----------

Good thing a whil back I order like ten in the mail!

Back