Show us your pets

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Pickles. On June 6 2021, he chose me as his emotional support human. Just walked up and never left. He even licks my hand then rubs his head to help clean himself. Hes chill with the shepards, and even looks before crossing the road.

Attachments

• 20211224_232042_001.jpg
    20211224_232042_001.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 34
We found two huge lumps on our little buddy Minnie but instead of taking her to the vet, we decided since she is getting so old and deaf that we are just going to let nature take its course. It doesn't seem to bother her but when it does then we will take her in and goodbye. :(

She doesn't seem to be bothered by it but she is getting pretty old. She doesn't play like she used too but we are not allowed back in the house unless we have a new toy for her lol.
I'm more worried about the wife. This dog has been with her a lot longer than she has known me.
I'll replace her with a new puppy soon after she passes though.

We found two huge lumps on our little buddy Minnie but instead of taking her to the vet, we decided since she is getting so old and deaf that we are just going to let nature take its course. It doesn't seem to bother her but when it does then we will take her in and goodbye. :(
My last dog was overcome by tumors. I tried 3 times to eliminate them, but they kept coming back worse each time.
Probably the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life!! 😭
I’m not usually a emotional, but I was crying like a baby! Kinda makes me tear up just thinking about it.. I’m a HUGE dog person!

Hopefully Minnie’s are benign. 🤞

Attachments

• 20210926_115655.jpg
    20210926_115655.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 25
I truly believe modern pet food is to blame for the growths that are becoming so common amongst dogs. When we were kids dogs did not have this issue.

@Tunedpipe older pets do not do well under anesthesia, I think your choice might be the right choice.

@Hammer Down Been there to many times, it's heartbreaking to have to let a long time pet aka family member go.

My last dog was overcome by tumors. I tried 3 times to eliminate them, but they kept coming back worse each time.
Probably the hardest thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life!! 😭
I’m not usually a emotional, but I was crying like a baby! Kinda makes me tear up just thinking about it.. I’m a HUGE dog person!

Hopefully Minnie’s are benign. 🤞
I had dogs die under 10, thats hard.

My first Brown tabby, I found in a rough neighborhood. I was traveling from my boys moms to his dads. The fun days of being 17 and no cares. I had my boy bike 3 miles home to get me a box for him, took him to my dads job around the corner.

He was so small, he would fit under my stock 2wd stampede on Masher 2000s.
I would get home from work and look for him. After a few minutes, the pile of laundry on my bed would move, as he burrowled under to the bed.

He died at 3 or so. The vet described it as a tube in him broke causing fluid to fill up around his lungs. We had it draimed a few times, but in the end I had the dnr. It wasn't fixable and he was in pain when it filled up, and it was happening more often. Most difficult decision up to date.
I truly believe modern pet food is to blame for the growths that are becoming so common amongst dogs. When we were kids dogs did not have this issue.

@Tunedpipe older pets do not do well under anesthesia, I think your choice might be the right choice.

@Hammer Down Been there to many times, it's heartbreaking to have to let a long time pet aka family member go.
I agree. Here we try to find the best dry meal. They get rice with turkey peas and carrots, home made bread and cookies, and chicken for dessert. Our animals eat better then some humans.

There is only one she will eat or she starves herself. I figured being 14 years old and she has made it this far; I won't change up her food.
She doesn't have many teeth left but she can eat her choice pretty easily.

I make a mix of brown rice. Spinach, zucchini carrots and peas with two packs of ground turkey.
I start the rice and turkey cooking run the veggies through the food processor. Toss everything in with the turkey . Clean up and the rice is done. I toss it all together and simmer for about twenty minutes. The dogs are crazy about it. Last about a week for two little dogs.

Meet Puff, my 33 year old female live in companion 😀View attachment 139597
We have an African Grey but she lives out at my sisters-in-laws place because we don't have room for her cage and they have a really nice heated room for her.