Should I buy this Redcat Rampage XB?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldnt. For the price you can get a true HPI baja clone that is fully interchangeable with hpi parts. The Redcat from all I've read is not interchangeable and parts arent near as easy to get upgrades for.

Not at all, they are the SAME as the HPI's other than the finish on the plastic. King motor, Rovan make redcat look homemade as far as quality goes.

Okay thanks you. Now I have to decide whether to get King Motors or Rovan.. Any advice for what to go with

Last edited:
Actually what I did personally is went with a Rovan from HobbyKing.com, they are Rovans for sure, but just say HK on their site, but they are minus the tx/rx and both servo's. I was able to get both my servo's used for a good price and it was cheaper that route than going rtr. But other than that I think the Rovans run cheaper from most sellers rtr than the king motors do.
The 26cc ran great too but if you can afford it, I'm sure the 29 or bigger will really run awesome. Make sure you read and find out if your getting a one speed or the 2 speed trans they can come with. I figured a 2 speed would be something easy to break so I never wanted one, but I know some guys here have them and like them...Syphon does I think.

For what it's worth, you can also get an HPI Baja 5B RTR 2.0 which includes a 2.4Ghz radio for $1030.00 from LargeScaleRC.com using coupon code: LSF

Back