Should I buy it?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aMawds

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
LHS has a CEN nitro rally car with a subaru body that he wants to sell to me for 100 bucks. He happily put a glow plug in it and it seemed to have good compression. Car is intact except for one missing body post. A good cleaning and a receiver to match my radio would probably get it going. Found it on the CEN website, this is what it looks like http://www.cenracing.com/cars/nx/subaru.html
As you can see it has an .18 motor, is apparently a 10th scale, and looks like a pretty good deal for a second car for when my 8th scale buggy gives me a fit at the track. What do you guys think? Grab or pass?

I would pass, cen isn't really known for quality and aftermarket support.

I agree with Non Crimen; The same $100 or just a little more would get you into an Associated Nitro TC3 or HPI Nitro RS4, both higher quality and with much better factory & aftermarket support.

Fair points. Keep in mind I'm looking for something that will be at home on a dirt track with jumps meant for buggies an truggies. The car I'm talking about has almost as much suspension travel as my buggy with proper dirt tires

Yes. But that means nothing when you break it and have to keep replacing it with stock parts? Also that is the last car that will be "at home" on a dirt track with big jumps. I would pass on it.

Alright I'll pass on it then. I'll probably funnel the money towards a better motor when the one in my rtr buggy quits. Seems that's going to take a while, damn thing keeps running better and better every day. Maybe some more tires. Thanks guys

Back