Shipping on eBay?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlobbia

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
How should I ship on eBay? Are there certain things or advice I should know? I am planning on selling a 5 foot long nitro heli but shipping is like 300 to NY. Thanks.

By the way this applies to all rc stuff: cars, trucks, planes, helis, boats... I tried selling a basically new nitro sport but found the shipping to be about 50 bucks minimum.

Ebay's shipping workflow is integrated with the USPS, so when sellers choose to calculate, buyers will see the shipping cost based on the weight, class of mail, seller's zip code, and their own zip code. You don't even have to think about it — eBay and USPS will calculate the shipping cost for the buyer automatically.
And really don' like eBay's shipping because of the high price, and if you sell there sometimes you have to use it. I used to drop ship from aliexpress and because of eBay's shipping and commissions I made my own shop on shopify. So if you continue selling through eBay, I recommend you to make your own e-commerce shop. You can also easily resell some goods from aliexpress. just install Alitools and find the best dealer. Thank me later)

Last edited:
I stopped doing custom paint jobs on rc bodies because of the shipping costs. I have a slash Mustang drag body I was going to sell, the po wanted $45, to ship a lexan body that weighs nothing. I even cut down a box to the smallest dimensions possible to ship it safely. Needless to say the guy who wanted the body didn't want to pay the shippjng, can't say I blame him. It's absolutely ridiculous, but the po is crying they're going broke, hmmm, wonder why?

I stopped doing custom paint jobs on rc bodies because of the shipping costs. I have a slash Mustang drag body I was going to sell, the po wanted $45, to ship a lexan body that weighs nothing. I even cut down a box to the smallest dimensions possible to ship it safely. Needless to say the guy who wanted the body didn't want to pay the shippjng, can't say I blame him. It's absolutely ridiculous, but the po is crying they're going broke, hmmm, wonder why?
@NCNitro Dude, I need pics of that body!

As for shipping, back in the day when I did a lot of eBay you do your shipping through PayPal and they gave you a discount. The buyer had to pay by PP and the address had to be right because you had to use the one on their account. Also then if it was over 3-4lbs it was cheaper to go FedEx ground. I have been told there is a good site call PIRATE SHIP that helps save on cost now but I haven't used it yet. I only ship once in while and go through my work, they get a huge discount because of the volume they ship.

Randy, I haven't painted it yet, I was going to sell it clear to a guy who was specifically looking for one. It's a jconcepts fox body Mustang. I have an idea of the paint job I was going to put on it though, I was going to do a p51 type theme on it. I was going to sell him the body for 45 until we found out with the shipping he'd have to pay 90 bucks for a clear lid. I just decided to put building a slash drag car on hold for now, my bass boat has been sucking up all my cash lol.

Oh darn, should have known it was a fox body. I would really like to find an SN95 body. Shipping sucks, that's why I don't sell much any more.

Dont use "FedEx Smart Post"...It will look cheap af but they gonna come back and say you owe them more money after. I got hit with like $300-$400 extra charges when i sold a bunch of stuff on ebay a couple years back.

Oh darn, should have known it was a fox body. I would really like to find an SN95 body. Shipping sucks, that's why I don't sell much any more.

Yeah, I don't sell much either, unless it's local. Kinda sad how we started selling local, ebay opened up sales nationwide, and now were back to local.

This is the Mustang body.

Attachments

• 20210528_082420.jpg
    20210528_082420.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 26