SCX24 - Deadbox

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome!

I like that you went away from the "clean" look, and went with the beater look.
224875ee3f832fd3a8b5d641820207e4.jpg

Decided on a red grille. Got the bull bar painted up, and took a black Sharpee to the stupid white servo horn. Why are they always white?
20220405_101804.jpg

And check out this servo! It will be even faster and stronger on the Furitek esc.

Last edited:
Using some scrap lexan for all the windows. Got the windshield done. The enemy was a fairly good aim, and missed the body completely. Also got the tail lights and rear windows in.
20220407_093553.jpg

20220407_093611.jpg

Last edited:
I see plenty of holes to peer through!
When I spray the final coat of clear on everything, it should be a bit clearer. I have 3 coats of matte clear on it right now. One more will go on as soon as the rest of the windows are done.

This turned out spectacular!! 🤩
Thanks. It will hopefully not take too much road rash when we get to putting it through some terrain. But I expect it will, even with 4 coats of clear.

Just adds more character.
I tried dying the plastic black, but it wouldn't take dye at all. Maybe I needed Rit Dye More, but all I had was regular, so I said screw it.

Unbelievable bro, she looks incredible.
You will absolutely love the Stinger and I highly recommend it to everybody else.

Unbelievable bro, she looks incredible.
You will absolutely love the Stinger and I highly recommend it to everybody else.
Thank you. Funds are going to be tight next month, so going to try to squeeze the Furitek order in, but not hopeful. And I need to wait til I get that to go further on this build. So next up is the C10. Will be starting a build thread on it this weekend, so I may just grab a few parts for it before I get the Stinger combo ordered, and save the rest of this build for June's big order.

I started back in with the Baja. I've already received the wheels and the tires will be here on Monday.
The engine is next and again it will be a 45cc engine. I have to wait 3 weeks before I order that.

This is the best looking 24scale i ever seen.

I love the red grille also. Alot better than stock to this body.
You really nailed this body perfect to this car.
So insane cool.

It have that nice Scarry looks
I love it

Scrore will be 10+ of 10

This is the best looking 24scale i ever seen.

I love the red grille also. Alot better than stock to this body.
You really nailed this body perfect to this car.
So insane cool.

It have that nice Scarry looks
I love it

Scrore will be 10+ of 10
Thanks bro. I have seen better, but for the sake of keeping the top spot in your eyes, I will not share those here 😜